Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2007, 04:38 PM

How do they get away with it

Just spoken too my Vet and she is in a right old state , someone has Dumped and spread a Load of Tarmac on her drive, without permission and the men that donethe very bad Job are now are demanding £14,000 off her.

I have told her to ring the police local Radio etc and not give them a penny

I feel really sorry for her who the hell do these people think they are?? I hope the police do something and not let them get away

I Hope none of my Dogs need to go and stay there would feel very unsafe now
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2007, 05:00 PM
£14K????? Blimey, it must be a big drive!!!!!! I know these type of people con you, it's well publicised on the tv, but usually only around £2 or £3K, I can't believe that, £14K?????

Vets are sensible people, don't worry, she won't cough up a penny and will contact the police. Trouble is, they'll be long gone by the time they get there!!!
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2007, 07:02 PM
These Lovely people have been on the Phone all day saying if you Don't pay us we will come back and damage you and your property the police are taking it seriously and have been answering the phone etc.

The Trouble they have is these people usually don't have a address as such there Homes are usually on wheels

Even if they don't come back because the police are now involved its still going to cost because she is going to have to pay someone to remove the Tarmac but I'm sure it will be less than £14,000.

They also done this a few weeks ago at a Local Garage, telling them the Tarmac was left over from another Job and they would lay it for free, as it cost to much too get rid off.....
after they finished the Job they demanded £8,000 in the end the garage paid 3 just too get rid of them

So a word of warning if you get offered tarmac for free just shut the Door

Full Edit
Quick Edit « Next Oldest · Sponsor Members' Luxury Lounge... · Next Newest »
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2007, 09:03 PM
<How do they get away with it?> Intimidation.

I had them round my house once offering to block pave my drive with 'leftovers from a job they did round the corner'.I asked them if i had M U G written on my forehead cause i aint so green to believe that old chesnut!

My nextdoor though did and he paid £1,300 for a total ****e job.His drive has more bumps than the Andees and more vegetation growing through it than a tropical rain forest! When he phoned the bloke up (on the obligatory mobile) couple of weeks later cause his drive was sinking-the man had the cheek to say he was interupting his sex session!