Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 03:58 PM

If anyone can spare some healing thoughts please

I had to rush one of my mogs, Cleo, to the vet this morning, The vet I usually see, [ in whom I have 100% trust ], is`nt in on Thursdays and Fridays so that did`nt help my worry for my little girl

The vet who saw her believes the possibilities are Vestibular, or an infection causing a balance problem, or meningitis, or a tumour, she was unable to rule out or confirm any of those at this time.
My girl is getting on, [ I hav had her for 11 years and she was an adult rescue back then of unknown age ], and the symptoms are inability to balance, whentrying to get up she rolls [ always same direction ], but can`t get her bearings to stand upright, the vet said her pupils were both reactive but at different speeds and different levels - that has *not* been my observation at *all* - I am very aware of things like that and have been specifically monitoring her eyes from the moment she became ill this morning in case it was a neurological problem going on.

She has had a steroid injection in case there is a swelling affecting her balance related nerves or brain fluids or other infection, as well as antibiotic jab and I have tablets to give her.

I am giving her fluids to prevent dehydration [ she had the runs last night which I put down to a change of food also last night which they have all had but is one they are more than used to ], and she is enthusiastic so far when I offer her food by syringe [ so she does`nt have to try to balance to eat ], and she is lapping it from the syringe so not being force-fed, so I am hoping I can keep her system stable at least while giving the drugs the chance to help if they can.

Right now she is very comfortable and relaxed in a cat box next to me [ I don`t want to risk her falling or hurting herself by trying to move around ], she is responsive and gives her usual happy purrs when I tak to her and stroke her [ trying not to disturb her other than to make sure her fluids and food stay up enough though, I would rather she rest as much as possible right now ], and she is not doing typical stress or pain purring, [ in case anyone is concerned about that ], and is bright in herself.

I do know though, that worst possible outcome is very real at this point

I am doing my best to be upbeat for her and for the rest of my crew, and trying to keep my mind as busy as possible, but if anyone can spare some heaing thoughts, reiki, anything, my little girl really could do with them right now
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Oh poor little thing. Sending lots and lots of healing thoughts your way Patch xox
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 04:06 PM
oh gosh i am sending healing thoughts to your cat, i only got my boy back last night. i am like you,i only trust one vet out of the practice.i really hope she picks up soon
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Sending lots of healing thought your way, all the best. xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Sending millions of healing thoughts and positive vibes to poor little cleo. I hope she comes through this ok Patch as I know how much all your animals mean to you.
If there is anything I can do just ring and I will be there.

Bev
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Sending healing thoughts and hugs your way Patch, best of luck xx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Poor Cleo Lots of positive {{{vibes}}} coming your way.

I'll keep you both in my thoughts x
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Healing thoughts being sent her way
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Poor little thing, thinking of both of you and sending positive healing thoughts. x
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Thank you so much everyone, I dont feel so alone now, its so hard watching and waiting and hoping for signs of improvement when the meds have a big job to do yet and that takes time if they are going to help her at all

I`m going offline now to give Cleo some quiet cuddle time and I`ll come back later with how she goes on for the next few hours - please please keep the vibes coming for my darling little girl, she needs them all
Thank you again guys
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »