Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 10:46 AM

Leather 3 piece suites

Been looking for a leather suite, need one quickly as our old suite on its last legs and not good for our bad backs! Never owned a leather one and fancy one. So begaan looking round the shops, Land of Leather on my own then DFS and Harveys and Reids. Decided to look on internet to compare them and go a shock as some of them looked the same yet different shops and different names, so began a lot of research by OH.

You will be shocked to learn they are made in China, that is DFS, Harveys and Land of Leather (could be others but not found out yet). The leather is real but the pelt is not a full one, its cut into strips and stretched so it goes further and sadly makes it less strong. They only expect them to last about 4 years, so you go back for another one. Also finding out about their credit and it appears its a bit of a con too so be careful out there and do research if getting your furniture this way. All seem to use Black Horse finance, which we havent found fault in as yet. So, if you want a 3 peice in leather to last, make sure you know where its made and whether or not it is full pelt, its come as quite a shick to us to find this out as thankfully did not buy the one we liked as we came home to measure up to make sure it would fit in ok. Now we are having to bvegin again as we want tone that will last us for the money they charge. So watch out when buying one, you never know if its genuine or not unless you research, grrrrr
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Go American. I have two Lazee Boy recliner two seater leather sofas - bought in 1999 and still look as good now as they did new!
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 10:56 AM
My mum is looking for a new Sofa too and would like Leather. Could you post more infor as you find it out.

Regards D xxxxx
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Vicky where did you purchase your sofa from.

Regards Dxxxxx
patsbt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Be careful with Land of Leather - pretty sure( :smt017 ) they used to be called 'World Of Leather' and they shut all there shops without giving people their sofas or refunds.

Think I saw this on watchdog a few years ago.......
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 12:09 PM
I am 'inheriting' my Mums leather 3 piece suite when she gets a new one this year.
Hers was made to measure, to her specifications, (her ex OH used to make leather suites), and should have cost about £8000 at the time!
She got it a lot cheaper obviously, and has had it for at least 8 years, and it looks like new!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Petstalk View Post
Vicky where did you purchase your sofa from.

Regards Dxxxxx
Got mine from Allders, a department store in Croydon. If you search Lazee Boy using Google UK, you should get something. They're not cheap mind. My two together were over £3K......
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 12:27 PM
I bought a leather sofa from DFS about 10 years ago, and it's still going strong (even though I did leave it behind with my ex )

The one I have now was bought by my OH about 7 years ago, and it still looks good as new
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 12:55 PM
DO NOT BUY FROM DFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They add on lots of stuff to their prices and don't listen and don't fix the problems.. I would NEVER recommend them to anyone EVER
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-01-2007, 01:48 PM
It's like most things in life, you get what you pay for. In all honesty leather sofas these days can be picked up for a couple of hundred quid and you wouldn't expect them to last a lifetime. DFS sell sofas in all price ranges, the more you pay the better the quality. The leather comes in various qualities too. My last leather sofa lasted 8 years until I fancied a change and it is still going strong in the conservatory. The one before that lasted over 20years and was mega expensive, I left it behind when I sold the house because they asked me to, and it looked as good as new. The current 2 came from DFS were pretty pricey and we are very happy with them, and they were made in Italy, of lovely thick quality leather. Nothing was added to the price, they were delivered on time by extremely courteous delivery guys. We have no complaints at all.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >