Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-12-2006, 10:11 PM

advice on weight gain / problem at work

now this may ssem strange but what can i get in the hope it helps me to gain weight?
i'm a bit fun down and tierd with working etc and i know you can get stuff for weight loss but i also thought you can get weight gain.......
or what can i do to try and gain some weight....i am hoping it will help me not to feel so drained etc.

also how would you deal with a person you work with is very patronising in the manner in which they speak to you?
i have kept my cool upto now but lets say a few members of the team have noticed i'm not happy and keep asking whats wrong, they think i am just stressed out but i dont think i am just fed up with being spoke to in this manner.
one of the people above me said it needs sorting as i shouldn't be feeling the way i do...plus she knows if it doesn't stop at some point i am going to say something then look like its me being silly etc.
so come on how do i deal with it...she does it to others and in 140 ppl on the floor only approx 10/20 ppl get on with her as it comes across that way to others as weel.....just seems to think she can try it on with me more to be honest...........hmmmmmmm not for long cause i'm losing my patience!
so advice please cause i need it.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 10:17 PM
i would ignore her to the point she has to ask me whats wrong then i would go for it .....just speak when you have to and no more make a point of giving her that odd look

sorry no help on the weight loss ....if only LOL
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-12-2006, 10:22 PM
i try to inca i think she knows she is walking a thin line with me but it doesn't seem to be stopping it from happening.
she trys to make small talk now and again about her life etc and to be purfectly honest im not interested!
she is a wannabe solicitor so she looks down on a lot of ppl in general and im the opposite.........as you know.
cant believe this 20 yr old is p in me off quite like she is........lol
as for weight gain.........i wish!
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 10:27 PM
have you heard of build up its like a drink
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Difficult one! regarding work and the fact that this person upsets others - is not your concern, but the fact that she is upsetting you in the work place is your concern!

To be honest, the quickest resolve is to ask her for a convenient time in which you both can have a chat, agree a date and time ans stick to it.

Then in the privacy of a quiet place explain simply that her actions are upsetting you.....and you are finding it difficult to hind your true feelings any longer and you do not wish it to involve others!!

In my experience the person then is absolutely stunned at the confrontation and realises that they can NO longer get away with such attitudes.

Good Luck - you shouldn't ever be miserabe at work! x
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-12-2006, 10:33 PM
hmmmm but then she will go back into the team and tell every one i have seen her do it when the team leaders have had a quite word with her about stuff.
like the other day mike 1 of the blokes on the team asked me a question she got up and answered the question as if i can not do it myself and the fact is i have worked there longer than her.......she is very quick to highlight peoples errors if there is any just to make herself look good and she will go out of her way to tell ppl.
maybe i am over reacting but its getting to me.

do you know where i can get it ......... do you think boots?
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 10:36 PM
boots do it + you can also get a milkshake type thing from your docs
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-12-2006, 10:37 PM
will have a walk up tom.....thanks
some one at work said you get some type of shake must be the same thing.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 10:39 PM
You could try making a sarky joke of it, like when she stood up and answered for you you could interrupt and say, "ah I will leave it to my spokesperson to answer your question" and just smile?

As for weight gain, after checking it's nothing medical with a gp you could try increasing carbs like spuds, pasta, rice and perhaps portions? Or try one of these high cal shakes from health food shops. I'm really sorry you're feeling down. Baileys always manages to put (unwanted!) weight on me but it's not very healthy so I won't suggest it .
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
will have a walk up tom.....thanks
some one at work said you get some type of shake must be the same thing.
yea comes in a box with packs in might be blue cant remember buts its good

as for the girl i would have a word with her before you go mad + if that doesnt make a difference see if anyone higher will have a quite word if not make it formal
or send her to me only jokin
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >