Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 08:52 PM

New House Update - or not!

I gritted my teeth and visited the site yesterday. Precious little work seems to have been done but that may be due to me not paying the builder for a while
Anyway, at least I have (most) windows in and they have made a start at the block work, and got the door frames in. The workmanship is pretty good so I can't be tooooo hard on them - just a bit wound up that the utility still has no roof, is wired up and the rain has been getting in...
Here is the front:

... and the back. At least the general area is cleaned up a bit, it was a sea of mud and now looks a bit more like somewhere you can walk in ordinary shoes!

Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Its looking good won't be long til you are living there.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 09:11 PM
won't be long til you are living there
I wish! The ESB (electricity board) can't fix a pole to connect me to the mains until January, and it was scheduled for end of September........ as for a telephone line ... I give up!
I can't even move in with a gas bottle for essentials as the waste water/sewerage system is electric so I wouldn't be able to flush the loo

It will be interesting to see whether I become homeless or bankrupt first
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 09:15 PM
its come along way since i last saw pics hun ....looking good
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

29-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Its coming on and looking good.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 10:31 PM
very exciting for us to all see the progress, but I appreciate your frustrations with the delay in all the services - worth it in the end though x
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 12:40 AM
Looks a lot more house-like than the last time I saw it Must be frustrating for you, all this waiting, but one day it will seem like a distant memory... Just keep going, it will all be worth it!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 05:46 AM
It's looking lovely now Can't wait to see pictures when it's finished x
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Had a small shout at the builder (I have a sore throat so I couldn't be tooooo loud! ) as a result, today there was a tiler on the roof, more scaffolding up and the boys sticking a few more blocks together. The builder tried to divert my tirade by asking me to sort out a small problem on the front windows, he's very skilled at diversionary tactics but I think we are still friends.... just.
Oh, and they will put some plastic sheeting over the utility to keep the rain out until the roof is done. Better late than never I suppose......
I'll be there on Saturday, camera in hand, and they had better have made some progress or .....
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 09:02 AM
Hmmm..... went down yesterday with camera, some more progress hurray!
well, that was from the front.......

At the back, things were less advanced......

But as you can see, the boys were working away. They were fitting the Velux windows which were being a bit of a pain, almost as soon as I arrived they decided that breakfast was in order and went off into town to get some I hope they came back.......
At least the utility is covered over now and the interior is now a mass of pipes and cables running everywhere so I willlet them off - for now!

Latest crisis is that ESB (electricity lot) won't put the pole up this side of Christmas even though it was arranged for the end of September, then I will have to wait another month or two to get them to connect it I am moving in mid January, so a generator is on its way!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >