Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 06:29 PM

Busy afternoon in the front garden.

We have wanted to sort our front garden out for ages and ages, and finally got round to doing it this afternoon!

We all had a part in it, apart from Hollie who kept watch through the net curtains!

Quite a few photo's, but they show before, during and after from 3 angles.

Some gravel looks darker as we went to the garden centre half way through for the large pots for the conifers, so what we had put down had dried.

Thanks for looking!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 06:32 PM
wow what a turn around looking real nice
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Lookin good Trish..... I'll pop the kettle on and ya can make a start on mine
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Thats a million times better I have grass at the front and am about to change it for gravel too can't be doing with cutting it don't have the time or energy and small amounts of lawn never look right do they.

Yours is smashing whata turn around and if you want to send your two painter to me I will feed them while they work
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Thankyou for the lovely comments!!

Ian - need a rest first, where our house is, getting the gravel delivered is almost impossible as there is no access for vehicles to front of the house, we carried 70 bags the 40 or so yards from the pick-up to the garden!

Jenn - we are so pleased with the change, better than we hoped!

Kazz - I will pack them a bag each in the morning, ought to let them have a sleep first!!!:smt042
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:26 PM
well youve all done an excellent job
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Ian - need a rest first, where our house is, getting the gravel delivered is almost impossible as there is no access for vehicles to front of the house, we carried 70 bags the 40 or so yards from the pick-up to the garden!
Well I did say kettle was on.... c'mon slacker a cuppa coffee then get crackin... geez just can't get the staff these days
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 08:46 PM
lol-nothing like roping in the kids to do the boring jobs like fence painting eh Trish!

The end result looks wonderful though Trish and will be low maintenance with the gravel.Like the pebbles round the tree-makes it stand out!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 08:50 PM
It looks soooooo much better Trish. You've all worked very hard I can see that. This is exactly what we've had done this week, but neither of us was energetic enough to do it ourselves, so I got in my handyman again for the job. We had the whole side of the house (my last bit of wasteland) dug out, levelled, shed up in the corner, then he renewed the whole front path with gravell, and along the front and new steps up to the house. It looks so much better, neater and tidier, but it's a pain to walk on, so I've thrown down some stepping slabs on ours. What with the back done completely in gravel for parking, we now have more gravel than Worthing beach around our house!

You lot certainly worked hard there though, makes me feel quite guilty I'll do some pics tomorrow of mine now. Dave spent all afternoon putting up my new little shed, which I shall fill up with all my c*ap tomorrow. I need to find a way of keeping those grislies (spiders!) out though, otherwise I won't be able to get anything back out!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Wow! Great job Trish and co. It looks really smart
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >