Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 11:52 AM

Hydrotherapy!

hello all,

I was wondering if this would be a good aid to Jazzies recovery after her surgery?

I have a good place near us that does it and comes highly recomended.

Has anyone experienced it before?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 11:58 AM
hiya

if you do a search you will probably find past replies. However i cant recommendc it highly enough - My staffie does it due to hip dysplacia and he is now off his meds unless i feel he is really bad as it has made such a difference to him - his muscle build up has been significant and it is proving to be very worthwhile.

it certainly wont do any harm !!!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 12:22 PM
I followed what was happening on your original thread, with heart in mouth each time I looked to see how your girlie was doing, and I am so relieved for you at the outcome

Hydro for dogs can be hugely beneficial for many conditions / recoveries, so I would have a chat with her primary vet about it and ask for a copy of Jazzies notes relating to the op, and their advice for her aftercare during recovery, so that you can take those to the hydrotherapy centre for them to have a look at. They may want to talk to your vet as well in order to see which type of hydro, and at what frequency and progression, might be the best one for her. A good hydro centre will want as much info as they can get to ensure the best possible regime.

If you go ahead, please do post how she does each time, as the more people get to hear about hydro benefits the more it could inspire others to look into it for any conditions their own dogs may have which could possibly benefit too, as well as us wanting to see Jazzie go from strength to strength during her recovery.

So pleased she is on the mend