Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
baxter
New Member!
Female 

20-08-2006, 09:46 AM

baxter - chronic diarrhoea

Hi doggy lovers i have a cavalier king charles, i was hoping for a bit of help. He is 21/2 years old and keeps getting the trots. I give him chicken and rice when that happens but he keeps getting it he is fine in himself
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

20-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hear of the little one's problem. You say he is well in himself, You could perhaps try adding natural yoghurt to his food, I have found this prevents them from having the runs. Do keep us posted as to how he gets on.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi Baxter what do you feed your dog on ? Perhaps you should think about changing the food, also persistent diarrhoea should really be investigated for things bacterial infections, so it might be an idea to take a sample to the vet.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

20-08-2006, 10:01 AM
meant to add to my post tha you say he is fine in himself from that I would surmise you have had him at the vet.
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Definately think you should go to the vet if you haven't already just to check there is nothing wrong that needs medication. Poppy was prone to colitis so had the trots quite a lot and I had to change her diet and be quite strict about no treats that would set it off.

She used to eat Chappie which helped a lot as it is quite bland and vets seem to like it. Hope he is ok.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Diarrhoea is not normal in dogs or people and should be investigated before any action is taken. Assuming that the dog is fed a quality and balanced diet, which I am sure he is. However some dogs do find and eat unsuitable material when out walking and it may be worth keeping him on a lead for a week just to check this is not the cause of the problem, many a cat poo has caused an upset in the foraging dog.
baxter
New Member!
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Hi thank you for your replies went to vet yesterday thinks might have ibs gave injection and tablets. Just to watch what i feed him. I give him bakers small dog. he seems better today.