View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-08-2006, 11:36 PM

The funniest thing your dog has ever done?

What's the funniest thing your dog has done and/or does!??
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Funniest thing Rocky's ever done is knocked me flying whilst playing with is friends and then looked back as to say, get up you wimp!... then run off to play with his mate again!

Funniest thing he does is try to 'guess' what command I'm gonna say next! Lol I know it doesn't sound funny but it makes me smile soooooooooooooooo much - he's so eager to please when you have a treat he goes through all his tricks before you even issue a command to get there as soon as possible so he can have his treat! A bit too excited
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 08:01 AM
Yes Sabre my GSD used to do that - he would come charging down the field like a horse trying to catch me up when he had stopped to sniff at something and sometimes he would catch you behind the knees and nearly knock you over. Once I did actually fall face down in the mud when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant after trying to squeeze through a hole in the wall that was too small for me to squeeze through and I got stuck and had to wriggle to get free and then fell face down in a large patch of wet mud next to the brook - Sabre thought it was hillarious and the look on his face was an absolute picture as if to say 'what the heck are you doing in that mud' and then he started dancing round me all excited

Benji did something funny when he went a walk with my o/h and Rhianna my daughter, a couple of nights ago - he was running along sniffing and he hadn't seen the cat that was hiding in the long grass waiting for Benji to pass so it could run away - well it timed it wrong and jumped out just in front of him and the wimp ran off yelping - he hadn't a clue what it was that had jumped out at him and when he went past the spot again on his way home he crept past it very gingerly....
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Now I'm gonna find this difficult because Suki is such a chancer that she's always doing something to make us laugh (well if I didn't laugh I'd cry):

On her walk there is a field with long grass and thousands of butterflies. She runs into it and then spends ages jumping through the grass (it's taller than her) trying to catch them. Her face is a picture and the more she misses the more determined and excited she gets. Watching her leap and bound is soooo funny.

Food
The funniest by far was her stealing an egg sandwich. We were getting ready to travel home to Scotland and she could only have been about 4months old. OH had the sandwiches on the bread board, turned round and as fast as lightening (she is nicknamed the Ninja dog for her stealth attacks) she had the whole thing in her mouth. OH refused to give it up and tried to take it from her. None of us could help for laughing!!!! Her face was a picture!

Tricks
We taught Suki her first sequence of tricks - sit, paw, high-five then down to get a treat. Now if we produce a treat she goes through the sequence before we even say anything! She gets a bit miffed when we make her start again using a new sequence
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-08-2006, 09:23 AM
When it's walks time Amy will come and stare at me and snort, if this is ignored (as when I am on the PC or reading to the end of a page ) she will put her paw firmly on my foot

Her water bowl is next to the back door, if it is empty she will repeatedly bang the dog door with her paw so it makes a noise to get my attention and the bowl filled.

Amy always goes up to her bed in my bedroom at 10:30 regardless of what I am doing, she goes out through the dog door first to pee then up to bed. Visitors find it very funny that she will go up to bed on her own leaving me downstairs
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Usually have our tea on our knees in front of the tele on trays. Once when Cassie was about 4 months old, I made Fajitas for tea. Got the OH's plated up and took it through to him. Cassie was laid at his feet. This was when we still locked her in the kitchen when it was time to eat. I asked OH if he wanted me to put her in the kitchen and he said 'no leave her, she's asleep!' Back to the kitchen to get mine, sat down with it on my knee, Cassie leapt up, grabbed the end of a fajita and ran across the room with it. It was unrolling and depositing chicken and salsa across the living room as she ran Looked up to see her sat at the front door with a lump of chicken in her mouth looking guilty.

We had piddle mats for her when she was a puppy. Used to put them at the kitchen door to entice her towards going outside. Sat watching a DVD one Saturday night with OH and my brother. Cassie was only about 3 months old. She went through to the kitchen, had a pee on the piddle mat and proceeded to drag the piddle mat back through to us as if to say 'look what I've done, where's my treat'
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Ha Ha ! Dogs are just the best !

When I come in from work the 1st thing i do is have cuddles with my baby. Then i go up to my room and get changed out of work clothes. Whilst i'm doing this Angel is in a mad hyper, throwing pillows about, digging up the cover ! she throws herself about, barks at nothing in particular and just basically has a wee mad fit. It's hard to appreciate unless you see it but has me in kinks every time. she occasionaly does it on our walks aswell. it's not so much what she's doing it's the look on her face when she's doing it and the way she completely freezes her whole body, but her eyes are intensly staring at you to see what you do next ! Then soon as you say cuddles, she trots over acts completely normal ! Makes me laugh out loud evertime
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Where do I start!
When Blackie was only a pup about 4 month old, our other dog Glen must have been thirsty and didn't want to get up so Blackie went into the kitchen and dragged out there water bowl to Glen.

If I look at him and say "Give me a kiss" he gives me a disgusting look as to say "What you mean!! are you on the other bus?" and then takes off out side.

This morning I came down stairs and he was upside down in the chair, with all his paws in the air waving about like a baby, waiting off me giving his belly a tickle.

Ian
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Ben plays "interactively" and it is SOOOOO funny to watch, he carries his Kong in his mouth whilst playing football all by himself with his ball, he knocks it with his paws and chases it all over the house ( laminate floors throughout) if you ask him to bring you the ball he drops the kong picks up the ball and tries to play football with the kong, which doesnt roll quite as well as the ball lol
Also he tries to hide things like his bowl of food, if it doesn't look appetising, he tries to push awith his nose his bed over the bowl and its sooo funny to watch as he head butts his bed....or if you give him a chew he chews it for about 30seconds then decides it has to be hidden and in nuch the same fashion as he hides his bowl, he tries tio "bury" chew behind cushions, under his bed, in the corner of room, behind curtains...makes me laugh
patterlad
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Funniest thing my cocker does is first thing in the morning is she spins round and round until i feed her .Its my fault really because i trained her to turn round on command for a treat so now she thinks if i keep turning round = loads of treats.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »