Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 05:07 PM

polymorphlight eruption any one ?

well aparently thats what i got , its a bad reaction to the sun im allergic to it i was told 11 years ago it only lasts 7 my dad had it for 7 years but mine is now longer so im off to the dr on thursday as i want something done about it , it is so sore and every one comments on it its annoying its like having fallen in stinging nettles all over my body but it wont go now till the winter and they have given it this fancey name i cant be the only one who has this am i
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2006, 05:33 PM
That sounds sore and like it spoils your summer,never heard of it,have you tried doing a search on the internet see if there is any info about it and maybe you would be able to chat to others who have it.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Polymorph light eruption
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2006, 05:40 PM
I get P.L.E. too, although not as badly as you by the sounds of it. I just get it on my collar bones and very occasionally on my arms. It started a few years ago and I think it's because I stopped going out in the sun because of skin cancer warnings and my skin lost all its natural defences to sunlight. I'm naturally dark-skinned so I thought I'd be fairly safe but apparently not.

What works for me is covering sensitive areas in high-factor sun cream and always wearing a brimmed hat in strong sun.