Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 10:11 AM

Upside Down!!!!

Hi, have had loads of problems with pc lately. Broadband keeps going down, currently with NTL, who say the ISP address has changed and system has to re-boot! Not sure why this keeps happening, any idea,s ????

Also, my pc monitor is currently upside down!!!!!!!!!! as the whole screen has displayed upside down!!! not got a clue why.... tried to resolve this, to no avail... any ideas PLEASE... neck ache.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-05-2006, 10:21 AM
NTL grrrrrr,we were with them,gave up in the end went with BT.NTL are flaming useless.Sorry no suggestions other than it is probably their fault,regards your internet keeps crashing,we were without for nearly a week once.So we changed.They were very unhelpful.Good luck with it.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-05-2006, 10:24 AM
For upside screen try this: Try pressing Ctrl+Alt+F12 and choosing the rotation tab. Should be able to sort it in there
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 10:26 AM
I have spent a lot of time on the phone to them complaining... they reduced my bill for 3 months.... so what I said. Seriously considering changing, but no up to date with whats available.

Got Broadband from NTL through TV which gives me internet access. Telephone also.

Any recommendations ?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 10:31 AM
We have been on Wanadoo broadband since last August and I have absolutely no complaints at all about them. It's £14.99 a month at the moment
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

Have you change your sreen resolution lately? If so then this a result of it.

Doing what Roxy has sujested will omly work if your graphics cards supports that feature if it dosn't sort it then got to Microsoft and download the patch for xp
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Roxy
For upside screen try this: Try pressing Ctrl+Alt+F12 and choosing the rotation tab. Should be able to sort it in there
Comes up with the printer details ?????
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

03-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Also if that doesnt work then look for a programme called "australia.exe" its an old trick kids have used in the past.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

03-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Also Some graphics chips allow you to rotate the display. Check the control panel for the graphics card [Control Panel > Display Settings > Advanced] and disable rotation if it's an option.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

03-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Within Windows XP, certain video drivers or graphics card chipsets supporting 180 degree screen rotation can cause the Windows XP display to be presented upside down. This can be (but is not always) tied to lowering the screen resolution in some accessibility programs.

To revert to a right-side up display, hold down the CTRL, ALT and UP (arrow) keys.

Another option is to contact Microsoft for a fix.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >