Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 09:45 AM

awwwww son has chickenpox!!!!

Well, the title sort of sums it up. My 6 year old has just come down with chickenpox...noticed some weird spots on Monday night then they'd blistered and there were more of them last night!!!! Even more today!!!! He's made up...off school watching TV and playing NIntendogs...like there's not enough dogs to play with in this house!!!!!! Healing vibes please!!!!!!
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 09:48 AM
ahhh bless him my daughter has just had chicken pox she's five bless him tell him not to scratch.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Awww sorry to hear that Ailsa At least its better to get them over with now then they are out of the way. My teenagers got them when they were two and three - my son was at nursery and caught them then passed them on to my daughter who was then two. My five year old though hasn't had them yet and I wish she would in a way then we don't have to worry about her getting them every year when they start doing the rounds again. Loads of kids in her school have had them but she doesn't seem to get them for some reason I have never had measles though - even though I helped to look after my nephew when he was 2 and he got them, and his mum was in hospital having a baby.

Anyway hope he's soon feeling okay and they aren't too itchy and irritating - sounds likes he is happy anyway
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 09:54 AM
Thanks!!!!
Have to admit his friends sister had them a couple of weeks ago and I actively encouraged him over to say 'hi' to her before school when she was in the buggy!!!!!! Thought it was better he got them! He hasn't seemed to pick them up either Foxy....til now!!! We were even on holiday with friends and their kids when they came down with it and he still didn't get them!!!!!! He HAS had measles though believe it or not!!! When he was 2 and YES he'd HAD the MMR!!!!!
He is happy as Larry!!!! He hates school!!!!!
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Hope he doesn't itch too much, my son might be about to get them as my two nieces had them over easter, my mum still remembers going to pox parties (more of a gathering really) so they all had it young
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 09:57 AM
He was a bit of a grump last week and complained of headaches over the weekend, has also had a runny nose...I knew there was something brewing.......ta daaaaaaa!!!!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Yes I seem to remember my son who is 15 getting a measly rash once and I think I remember the doctor saying they can still get a mild version of it even though they have had the MMR. My three have had all the injections that are offered but when I was young we used to have to get them. I had mumps and rubella and chickenpox but never measles
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Our son Kieran had them in March, had 8 days off school and is now being watched for poor attendance, boy am I angry!!!!!!!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 10:00 AM
I remember being about 10 when i got chicken pox. New Years Eve Night aswell...

Glad i've had it though, I hear in America they throw 'Pox' Partys so that adults can take thier kids over to someone who has got it so they get it young. Good idea if you ask me
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Think the child with chickenpox had a mini pox party going on round her buggy the other week!!!!!
Can't believe your son's attendance is being watched cc...last year we kept getting snotty attendance letters from the school, but then the next day you'd get a 'please keep you child off if they're ill ' letter!!!! Arghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >