Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 05:16 PM

Feeling drained

Hi guys,
I feel completely washed out and drained,I had a migraine attack last night about 7pm with all the usuall symptoms of moving zig zags,numbiness in my arms legs and face,i was sick and then ended up with a voilent headache which i still have now,and i feel completely drained and feel like i've run out of steam.
Do any of you suffer with them and how do you deal with them?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Baz gets them occasionally, but his are mild compared to yours which sound pretty spectacular
All Baz does is lie down in a darkened room.......
Sorry you're feeling to cr@ppy Sal - wish you better hon xx
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Rest, sleep if you need to. Hope you feel better soon. xx
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 05:37 PM
I have these! They are awful. Especially hate the tunnel vision
I just sleep & live under my bed covers.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Poor you Sal, but I've never even had a headache that's bad let alone a migraine, but Dave suffers terribly with them, usually on a Saturday after the stress of the week, and he says the only thing that works are Paramol, and he's tried just about everything including prescription drugs. Maybe try those? I also get him those gel pads for migraines to put on his forehead whilst he's lying in his dark room. It must be awful, hope you feel better soon.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks guys,i don't get them very often but when i do they are usually bad,my dad suffers from them too,so the dr reckons i inherited them.
I think getting stressed out the last couple of weeks hasn't helped,so i need to chill out apparently.Well i can dream about it,with 3 kids to look after and a pup and packing to be done along with other housework.
Ain't done much today though apart from sleep.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 12:18 PM
boy do i get them bad too , at least once a month , i get the head ache ziggy lines , being sick but i also loose my memorie which is really scary especially when im out as i dont no what my name is ! or any one i can look at a pic of my kids and not no who they are i have to sleep then it usually passes in time
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Yep have suffered with them for years. Luckily I deal with mine pretty well now. I get the disturbed vision first which lasts about 20 minutes. If I get the painkillers into me then, after the vision comes back I'm usually ok. Still have the headache in the background and have to be careful bending over but end up feeling drained, like the life's been sucked out of me. After a good night's sleep I'm a lot better. I don't get sick now though but did as a teenager. Used to have to go to the doctor for a shot of morphine and a shot of something to stop the morphine making me sick. Wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. They also make me want to eat. Somehow food seems to help!
Mine also seem to be weather related, change of seasons, heavy weather when a storm's due etc.
parker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2006, 04:40 PM
My empathies to you all

Check out the City of London Migraine Clinic www.colmc.org.uk

You need a Doctors referrel but it won't cost the doctor a penny to refer you. The treatment is available on the NHS (although they do see private patients)

It's really helpful if you keep a migraine diary - you will notice triggers

You don't have to be a Londoner - as long as you're prepared to travel to them they will see you.

My mother was treated there, advised to stop eating certain foods etc. (they may also tailor a pill to your symptoms) and is now relatively migraine free.

Don't suffer if you can get yourselves there