Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 08:44 PM

Benches Together For Different Breeds

Does anyone know if its possible to gert benches for all your own dogs together, even if they are of different breeds? This summer we will be showing at least two breeds and it would make life a lot easier if we were able to bench the dogs together when the breeds are on the same days, rather than having them at opposite ends of the showground! Obviously, the labs are gundogs and the pug is toy so that could cause a problem, but is it possible?

If not, the pug will just have to be carried around with us
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 09:15 PM
I have seen someone that owns rotties and malamutes with them benched together, but I dont know how they did it, they might have had the rottie as NFC so it got benched together, I would contact the show secretary and find out if I was you.

Mo
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 06:02 AM
Officially you can't, nor can you remove the dog from the bench for more than a short time unless you are in the ring. I have seen it done (VERY annoying when you get a Standard Poodle being extensively trimmed on a table at the end of the bench run - hair everywhere and a poodle hating Dalmatian going nuts) but I have always assumed that the owner runs the risk of being moved or disqualified. The Secretary is the only person who can advise but all show societies are bound by KC rules.
The only answer is to take a helper.....
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 06:15 AM
Think you can, if you employ a handler they have all the dogs they handle benched together I am sure so I do not see why you cant. I will look in the big Red Book for you at sometime during the day and come back with the answer. Our show does not have benching so I am not positive but I think it is possible. Or you could send an e-mail to the KC - may take 3 days to get reply as I don't think they have cottoned on to the idea of electronic mail yet