View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 08:32 AM

Spayed Bitches are they different? (common for intact bitches to ostracise them?)

Something i have noticed for some time and i have to admit I have considered rehomeing Sophie because of it ........Do you think the entire girls now she is different ?? season time for 3 here is pending and they seem to use her as humpping post she seems to wonder off on her own a lot almost like she feels she dosen't fit in , she has been spayed for 15mths now and is very loving but seems to spend more time away from the pack I don't know if she feels unhappy or just feels she dosen't fit in

any help would be great
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 08:39 AM
I have had 2 of my girls done and it can cause Obesity in spayed bitches, I found with mine that all they wanted to do was mope around and funny enough they are quite content to do so, my unspayed bitches are very playful and to much for the others to be bothered with I would take it in your stride she is a happy lass even though she doesn't show it It is like a retirement to them
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 08:42 AM
she is very good with the puppies and good on a one to one basis I have recently noticed at playtime she dosen't join in and when she tries the others seem to take over ....its like she wants to she aint part of the gang

if that makes any sence ?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 08:46 AM
I understand exactly what you mean Lise.

I have - for good reasons - not seen this myself, but am wondering the same thing.

I do think, that the others will know she's different..

poor ickle Sophie
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 08:47 AM
China was spayed in feb and she has been no different, may be different in a pack situation though.....
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 08:53 AM
is she the only bitch ..
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 08:53 AM
Yes it makes sense, I had a similar problem but a bitch that as been spayed for whatever reason could of been a great mum they still have the tendancy to bond with something that they have never had, when we had our last puppy the bitch that was spayed became a very loving mother to it even though she had never had or experienced her own litter of puppies, I suppose it lies soley on instinct

Sorry took to long to respond I had a knock at the door
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Since Rosie has been spayed she seems more LIVELY, she used to be such a calm girl.......but it may be because we've had her on a strict diet, she's now a lot slimmer than she used to be, so has twice as much energy!

But she still gets humped and even does the humping
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Awwww, pour little Sophie.

Spaying can make them quieter and being more likely to put on weight. It could be maturity too.

What was her personality like befor being spayed? Maybe she feels a little vulnerable now too.

I have spayed two of my girls, they put on a little weight and a little quieter but the interactions between oneanother have stayed the same.

Mine 4 all stick together If one moves they alllow Including me

Min xxxx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
is she the only bitch ..

yes she is the only monster we have
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >