View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2006, 08:31 PM

barf supplies - anyone know of a supplier for Scotland/England border area?

Anyone know of supplier for Barf, cant get a decent butcher to supply me they say its not aloud yeh right,, would be willing to share an order with other people, we live on the Scottish /English border , any help would be great have joined britbarf but had nothing as yet,, and im really struggling with the boys diet, at present they are on prize choice/ chicken wings/ veg/ meat bones/ so their diet is sadly lacking and I want to get them a better variety.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Argh.. if you had said earlier.. I advertised the fact( both on here and on Britbarf) that I wanted a large order from Landywoods to come to Scotland and ater a few confusing months we are finally getting our first order tomorrow..YAY

Maybe next order you could add some on with us
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 09:25 PM
does it have to be 'barf' supplies or just raw meat and raw meaty bones? Luckily we found a (human) meat wholesaler who supplies our local butches and we get breast of lamb, whole rabbit, whole chicken or any chicken bits we want, chicken carcuss...etc etc...Try going into butchers and just tell them you are making stock or something, our meat wholesalers sells chicken carcuss etc to the catering trade cuz they make stocks / soups using them. Maybe you can get whole fresh fish when it is going cheap at the supermarket also and beef mince and lamb mince etc.

On this link you can also get cheap beef, lamb, tripe and chicken minces, I think they ship to anywhere in the country. You might wanna ask them.
http://www.mincedtripe.co.uk/
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2006, 02:24 PM
thanks guys,, shame I missed the earlier post,,just spoke to a latge wholesale butcher,, cant do anything like that -"more than my jobs worth"" with all the new regulations etc etc etc,, anybody would have thought i had asked him to give birth,, so its back to square one, i hav e managed to source chick wings /carcass etc, so half roads there, will just continue the search.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Ive had my first drop off from Landywoods today with Louise's order that went up to Edinburgh and I have to say they are great value for money. I ordered 60 quids worth of food and it filled my chest freezer and the compartment above my American Fridge & the rest has been stuffed in the fridge. No room for human food!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Everyone is having problems storing it

My garden looked like a slaughterhouse yesterday... but Thankfully due to all the people who ordered being fantastic we managed to get it all sorted and in the right places for pick up and meet ups..

So all in all I think everyone is happy with their first order..

All I can say is THANK GOD for that

Thanks Luz and Mags.. (and Jane and Katrina and her FAB husband who stayed and helped me sort the order out!, Linda & Steve and their gorgeous Leonberger, Anne and Sheena)

I have one more ordered stored in my other freezer as the person who ordered it now can't pick it up until Tuesday!!

If anyone is interested in the "possible" next order can you let me know and I will store your email address in my "landywoods" list..

Just PM me your email addy

Thanks
Louise
Scottish Mags
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2006, 01:46 AM
I must really say a BIG THANKYOU to LoUise for organising this. I picked my up order from Janes and WOW it was large. I thought itwould fit in my chest freezer in the garage but had to buy a second hand freezer to store it all .
Now the oroblem of getting it all right.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

11-04-2006, 07:05 AM
Just like to say well done all of you, think its great you`ve gone to the trouble of getting togethher & ordering all for the dogs dinners, excellant
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Thanks Christine..

It certainly took quite a bit to get everyone together (I even got banned from a forum for asking if anyone wanted to order )

So far everyone seems happy so this makes me happy and also willing to do it again.

Mags.. I think everyone was shocked at how much food they actually got for their money.. But that can only be a good thing
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

11-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Louise13
Thanks Christine..

It certainly took quite a bit to get everyone together (I even got banned from a forum for asking if anyone wanted to order )

So far everyone seems happy so this makes me happy and also willing to do it again.

Mags.. I think everyone was shocked at how much food they actually got for their money.. But that can only be a good thing
I can imagine the work it took organising it L and can`t believe you getting banned how small minded

But just look how happy you all are & of course the dogs with lovely grub to munch & peeps with extra £££ in pocket
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >