Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 05:12 PM

Hose Pipe

Well the Hose Pipe ban starts tomorrow ,there's such a shortage of water we are told .Yesterday at Husbands work one of the Ground workers Hit and burst a water main .The water was out peeing out. Husband calls water Board at 1.45pm than at 4. Water Board did finally come at 1 am this morning . 11hours 15 mins it took for someone to even bother to come and have a look. :smt075

And we cant use our little Hose pipe to stop the Garden Dieing. Are the Water Board doing anything themselves to help the Problem .
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 05:42 PM
as a wife of a water board call out man I would say I can see both sides

if there is a shortage in my area i would be doing all i could to preserve water and the garden would not be priority
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Same here from now on................................and compulsary Water meters too coming into force.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 05:48 PM
[QUOTEand compulsary Water meters too coming into force.[/QUOTE]

my nieghbour will ignore all bans and drown his garden every night ( for 5 hrs ) so i have to say i would agree to meters..he uses enough for us all to bath in every hr
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 05:51 PM
im doing my bit, ive put 1/2 a house brick in th toilet system, and im cutting down on the amount of washing i do, and havent got a garden anyway. but was gonna clean the car today, but it rained so saved me a job and ill resisit having a soak in the bath (helpes ease my back pain) and have a shower instead. and ive already got a water meter fitted.
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 05:52 PM
i live in the north east so we get plenty of rain my garden is flooded at the moment after a couple of hours rain
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 05:52 PM
so do you think bens mum that you use less cos it costs you ?
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
so do you think bens mum that you use less cos it costs you ?
well theres only 2 of us and we live in a flat, and my water bill is 19-00 per month so i think so mind u it took me a year for them to say hey good idea let me set up a monthly payment for you
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Our swimming pool will be staying in the summerhouse this year too, takes way too much water to waste. As it's been nice today, I've seen lots of our neighbours out washing their cars using hose pipes!
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
my nieghbour will ignore all bans and drown his garden every night ( for 5 hrs ) so i have to say i would agree to meters..he uses enough for us all to bath in every hr
Totally agree, it really annoyes me when you see people watering their gardens with a hose, or even cleaning their cars with hoses. The only water I use on my garden is the washing up water. I even collect the water that runs from the tap before the hot water comes through when I am running the water for washing up. People can be so wasteful, I have trained my husband to use a glass when he cleans his teeth, instead of letting the cold water tap run.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >