View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 12:14 PM

Google Earth - can anybody tell me how to find it?

I used to have google earth on my computer but lost it when I did a system restore a few months back. I have found the link that Fred put up but when I click on it, it doesn't work anymore Has anybody any idea how and where I can download it again please
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-03-2006, 12:19 PM
try a search on google for it
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi Foxy!
Go to "Earth.Google.Com" you can download it from there.

It's a great tool, especially now that you can input your own markers for the rest world to see.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Catmelodian
Hi Foxy!
Go to "Earth.Google.Com" you can download it from there.

It's a great tool, especially now that you can input your own markers for the rest world to see.

Ooh thanks Catmelodian, I will try that
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
try a search on google for it

Thanks Carole
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Wahayyyyy!

I took mine off Foxy cause i wasnt really using it,but just downloaded it again and checked to see if they had mapped my house this time-they have!

Dont know if i'll actually use it again though!
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Wahayyyyy!

I took mine off Foxy cause i wasnt really using it,but just downloaded it again and checked to see if they had mapped my house this time-they have!

Dont know if i'll actually use it again though!

Hello Steve,

This is dimwit here, what is Google Earth for, is it literally to google the Earth, i.e. find the areas/places where people live etc.

Jill
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Radar Ears
Hello Steve,

This is dimwit here, what is Google Earth for, is it literally to google the Earth, i.e. find the areas/places where people live etc.

Jill
Google earth Jill is a program where once installed-allows you to see almost anywhere in the world (military installations may not be visible) via satelitte mapping! I had it a while back,but for some bizzare reason-my bit of town wasnt mapped cleary and deleted the program.

I downloaded it earlier and now it shows my house and even see decking in back garden!

All you do is type in a place or postcode anywhere in the world and it will zoom in from space-have a go Jill!
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Google earth Jill is a program where once installed-allows you to see almost anywhere in the world (military installations may not be visible) via satelitte mapping! I had it a while back,but for some bizzare reason-my bit of town wasnt mapped cleary and deleted the program.

I downloaded it earlier and now it shows my house and even see decking in back garden!

All you do is type in a place or postcode anywhere in the world and it will zoom in from space-have a go Jill!

Ooh, I think I will, but I don't know if I want to look at my Cra--y back garden on screen !!

I'm definately going to have a go.

Thanks Steve.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Yes its really clear in my area now too but before you couldn't see anything - the only thing I have noticed that the pictures are very old ones because the school round the corner has had an extension built on it for a few years and it is not showing on google earth And our garden shows a greenhouse but we knocked it down a few years back and the old man next door who died nearly 5 years ago and his greenhouse was knocked down by the new people and thats showing on there
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >