Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phill
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-03-2006, 12:19 AM

Your comments on halti`s please

does any one us a halti here i put one on my dog it was not good.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Phill
does any one us a halti here i put one on my dog it was not good.

Do you mean those Roger Mugford things like an head collar? I used to use one for my GSD and it was brilliant - I couldn't hold him on a normal collar he was way too strong and I felt more in control with an headcollar on. He didn't like it at first but he got used to it.
Phill
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-03-2006, 12:35 AM
yes i think it is like a horse head thing but without the bit, my gsd hated it tryed all day could not get it to work she was not having it at all.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 12:36 AM
yes i think it is like a horse head thing but without the bit, my gsd hated it tryed all day could not get it to work she was not having it at all.

Mine didn't like it at first and used to slide down the field with his head trying to get it off but he got used to it after a week or two and he never minded having it on afterwards.
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-03-2006, 12:39 AM
i have a harness that go,s round my gsd he loves it on but you dont have control of there head but can still stop the pulling
could try one of them
Phill
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-03-2006, 12:41 AM
i my have another go then she is only 4.5 months but getting a hand full only some times when walking. thanks
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 12:45 AM
i my have another go then she is only 4.5 months but getting a hand full only some times when walking. thanks

I think Sabre was a bit older than that when I first tried him with one but he was so strong it was the only thing that worked for me. Perhaps leave it a few months till she matures a bit and she might not mind having it on then.
Phill
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-03-2006, 12:48 AM
ok i will have to start to build up my arms and leg to stop her pulling my arm off.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 12:55 AM
ok i will have to start to build up my arms and leg to stop her pulling my arm off.

Yes they can be quite strong can't they - I remember what it felt like They are wonderful dogs though - I wish I still had mine - he would have been 8 this year

Is there a training school near you - that might help her to stop pulling
Phill
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-03-2006, 01:06 AM
YES we go to a GSD school and we have just done the kennel club puppy one i for get what it is called. she is ok if you have food in you hand it is just she get very very easy distracted. (sorry bad spelling) she many put her nose to the flour and goss.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >