Or Register for FREE!

Anistel

Dogsey Senior

Dogs owned: Border Terrier
07-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #1

Anyone know the POP3 & SMTP settings for Wanadoo?

Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

Banned / Account Closed

07-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #2

Re: Anyone know the POP3 & SMTP settings for Wanadoo?

When you say the 'settings' do you mean the address thingy? I have just been into my email (I'm with Wanadoo) and it says Incoming Mail (POP3) pop.wanadoo.co.uk and Outgoing Mail (SMTP) smtp.wanadoo.co.uk

If you don't mean these if you tell me where to find them I will have a look what it says on mine

Dogsey Senior

07-02-2006, 06:58 PM   #3

Thanks Foxy thats the ones, I knew I could rely on dogweb rather than wanadoo tech supp. The only downer I can find so far with wanadoo is the email addreesses, they are so long winded before I just had a name then it was @onetel.com. Now I appear to have 'fsmail' in it twice

Banned / Account Closed

07-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marean
Thanks Foxy thats the ones, I knew I could rely on dogweb rather than wanadoo tech supp. The only downer I can find so far with wanadoo is the email addreesses, they are so long winded before I just had a name then it was @onetel.com. Now I appear to have 'fsmail' in it twice
Oh good - hope that it works okay for you now

We were with Wanadoo on dial-up until August last year and then we went to Broadband but kept our email address but had to put the fs at the end of it for some reason

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Leonberger and Pomerian
07-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #5

With wanadoo you can have loads of e mail addys you could have marean-on-dw-@wanadoo .co.uk (this not a real e mail address it is just used as example)basicly you can have any anything beofre the @ to have as your e mail address

Dogsey Senior

08-02-2006, 09:18 AM   #6

Thanks Leo. I did have a quick look at the addresses but info seemed to mainly about setting up multiple addresses and I think also said to go through outlook express which I don't use. When I have more time I will look into it.