Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
I lubz Mini Schnauzers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-01-2006, 08:10 PM

My Puppy is urinating in her crate

I'm at my wits end!!! She used to avoid peeing in there so much, now she seems to treat it as if it's her place to go toilie in it!!!!!!!!! I'm trying so hard not to get annoyed, but I take her out to go toilie, she goes, I praise her, she goes back in her crate, and she pees in there right after she's just gone!!! The only thing I can think of, is that I've confused her with that fenced off area I've made, and she thinks because I praised her to go toilie in there, she thinks it's a good idea to soil her crate!!

Please help me. I can't even crate train any more because she treats her crate like a public toilet.

I can't even take my eyes of her for one minute, because she soils her crate. She doesn't even give me any signs any more.

I'm so disheartened. I'm so disheatened, I've been working so hard to house train her, and I just feel like I'm wasting my time.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-01-2006, 08:18 PM
If there is the slightest whiff of pee on her crate bedding it will encourage her to keep doing it. Make sure that after any accident that the bedding is removed and thoroughly washed.

She should have no problem in distinguishing an outside toilet pen from her crate.

ETA - Is she actually peeing on her bedding or in another area of the crate? If she is toileting away from her bedding then the crate is probably too big.
I lubz Mini Schnauzers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-01-2006, 08:21 PM
I scrub it, I scrub it, I scrub it and I scrub it. I've check the stuff I'm cleaning it with to see if it has no ammonia (sp?) in it, and it says there isn't. I'm just so disheartened. I watch her like a hawk, and she just pees. I go outside to empty her, she goes fine, I take her straight back in to her crate. She soils.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2006, 08:22 PM
A very mild solution of warm water and biological washing powder helps to remove any traces of her elimination. You may not be able to smell it after you've cleaned her crate out, but she will be able to. This could be one of the reasons she keeps peeing in there. Hope this helps.
I lubz Mini Schnauzers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-01-2006, 08:22 PM
I feel like crying, I really do. 6 times in one day.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2006, 08:25 PM
You poor sould, i know it must be difficult and very frustrating. Just persevere with the little baby. It will get easier.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Just a couple of questions do you put her into the crate after she's been outside to pee ? & how old is she ?
I lubz Mini Schnauzers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-01-2006, 08:43 PM
I'm using that warm water and biological soap power idea you suggested. I really hope it works. I also really hope this soiling her crate isn't an attention getting thing either.
I lubz Mini Schnauzers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK
Just a couple of questions do you put her into the crate after she's been outside to pee ? & how old is she ?
Sometimes, sometimes not. I usually crate her after going though. Do you think she could be associating the crate for peeing?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by I lubz Mini Schnauzers
I feel like crying, I really do. 6 times in one day.
As a matter of interest, how much time does she spend in her crate?
Is it possible that something, anything, has caused her to have negative associations with the crate? Have you expressed, verbally or by your actions, displeasure with her when she has soilded the crate, or for any other reason when she has been in the crate? Has anything happened when she is in there, such as something falling against it? Is she at all anxious about going into the crate or does she display anxiety when she is in there?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »