View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2006, 09:14 PM

licking... could she be coming into season?

indies been licking her private parts more than normal for the past few days. Shes not in season from what i can see, although its now the 8th month since her first season, so been expecting since month 6! ha.

anyway, any suggestions in why she might be doing this. I thought perhaps she was sore or itchy down there maybe, and licking would just make it worse. Theres no discharge and dont really wanna waste a trip to vet who will say its nothing..
should i put sudocream on it or is that a bad idea?

ive been trying to distract her from it, but i cant always watch her and i dont want her to make herself sore

or maybe im worrying for nothing, but shes never licked so frequently before
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2006, 09:40 PM
sounds like a season is pending Jen ..............they often are much cleaner second time as they know now what its all about .
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2006, 10:37 PM
I would never put sudocrem on it. She'll only lick it off.
Sounds like she's coming into season. Try dabbing her with a piece of tissue everyday, if its discoloured you know she's in season. But i would not put anything on it.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi Jenny I agree with Jules, do not put anything on the area...you will draw attention to it and encourage more licking.

There is a good chance it could be a season on the way and if so licking is normal behaviour , does Indie look swollen at all? Dogs also lick to clean themseves when they have a urinary infection ..is Indie drinking and peeing more ..if so see the vet otherwise I would keep a close eye on her.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2006, 08:17 PM
hey thanks for your help.
she does appear swollen today, so perhaps shes coming into season as you say, will keep a close eye on her.