Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 12:10 PM

Here is the lovely recipe for doggie cookies

Here is the lovely recipe:

2 large carrots, boiled until soft in water with a bit of fat from serrano ham added to it (makes a nice stock)

2 eggs

Wholemeal flour

1 clove garlic

handful chopped parsley

1/2 cup beef stock

250g minced beef

4 lambs livers

handful grated cheese

Put the garlic, parsley, eggs, 1 carrot chopped up and the stock fromt he carrots in the blender and blend until smooth. Keep adding all the other ingredients slowly making sure you add the livers when the mixture is still a bit watery (that way they don't stick to the blades). once everything is blended, put in a bowl and stir in enough flour to make the mixture like cookie dough...

Spread on a greased flat baking tin

Put in the oven on a low heat 150c or so for 2 or more hours, until crispy.

Cut into biscuit sized pieces.

Store in the freezer and take out as many bits as you need for the day. If you put them in a plastic bag in your pocket they defrost in about 20min

guaranteed 100% recall
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by tuti
Here is the lovely recipe:

2 large carrots, boiled until soft in water with a bit of fat from serrano ham added to it (makes a nice stock)

2 eggs

Wholemeal flour

1 clove garlic

handful chopped parsley

1/2 cup beef stock

250g minced beef

4 lambs livers

handful grated cheese

Put the garlic, parsley, eggs, 1 carrot chopped up and the stock fromt he carrots in the blender and blend until smooth. Keep adding all the other ingredients slowly making sure you add the livers when the mixture is still a bit watery (that way they don't stick to the blades). once everything is blended, put in a bowl and stir in enough flour to make the mixture like cookie dough...

Spread on a greased flat baking tin

Put in the oven on a low heat 150c or so for 2 or more hours, until crispy.

Cut into biscuit sized pieces.

Store in the freezer and take out as many bits as you need for the day. If you put them in a plastic bag in your pocket they defrost in about 20min

guaranteed 100% recall
sound tasty, thanks Tuti - I think Danny will have to sample your recipe
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 12:21 PM
you won't regret it - this is a new recipe I made up last night, I just chuck in whatever I can find that is reasonably smelly... they always love them!

have to keep varying the recipes too otherwise they start getting bored and recall gets sluggish (I know it's bribery, but hey, they're terriers! LOL)
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by tuti
you won't regret it - this is a new recipe I made up last night, I just chuck in whatever I can find that is reasonably smelly... they always love them!

have to keep varying the recipes too otherwise they start getting bored and recall gets sluggish (I know it's bribery, but hey, they're terriers! LOL)
call it what you like but recall is a gift LOL if you can get it to work using bribes then so be it - I'm on your team
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-12-2005, 12:31 PM
they sound nice enough to eat myself might have a go this afternoon, got some leftovers from making soup.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2005, 12:50 PM
they are lovely... chuck anything you can find in them

If you want them really crispy use rice four instead of normal flour.... also oats are nice to put in