View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 02:55 PM

Please Mourn the passing of common sense!

Please mourn the passing of Common Sense ... he will be missed ... I think!

My friend e-mailed this to me today and I thought how true it was so I'd share it with you:

"Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Panadol, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone."
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 08:10 PM
many a true word said in jest.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Yes, very true!!!! It is madness sometimes!
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 09:00 PM
excellent.

xx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Yes its a shame but common sense is definitely dead in the world we live in
Mango
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-11-2005, 09:41 AM
Thank you for posting this it does sadly ring only to true.
My daughter told me yesterday that her son was stabbed between the thumb and finger by a boy with a pair of tweezers who told my grandson that it was infected with the HIV virus.
My grandson (15) who has always been a worrier is deeply upset and worried about this, the boy did this to two other lads as well, this is not normal behaviour is it?
My daughter is going to contact the school on Monday, I just hope that common sense does prevail and something is done about it.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Very sad, but also very true
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 12:20 PM
only too true, its sad really, things have changed so much and not all for the better
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 01:00 PM
unfortunately very true!!!!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 01:07 PM
So true!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >