Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
data3615
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-10-2005, 01:03 PM

Very Worried! 6 week old German Shepherd Dog with diarrhoea

Hi i have got a 6 week old German Sheperd. I have only had him for 3 days , and he has got very runny poo. He seems active but when ever he goes it like water , i have noticed within the last few days that there have been slight specs of blood in it. His nose seems ok not dry or anything , and he seems like hes fine. When i got him we did have a 45 min car jouney and i was thinking maybe the stree of moving has caused it. Please Advice
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 01:14 PM
What is he being fed on perhaps it has something to do with this. In my opinion 6 weeks old is too young for a pup to leave its mother, its a pity they couldn't have kept him a bit longer. Perhaps it might be best if you could take him to the vet for a proper check up and see what they suggest. Hope he gets better soon poor lad
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 01:14 PM
I would definitely go to the vets with your puppy. Did you get him from a reputable breeder, you could phone them? Blood in diarrhea is not good I'm afraid. I have 2 german shepherds and one of them suffers badly with this, but yours is only a puppy and needs to see a vet. Has the puppy been vaccinated yet? If not, that could be even more of a worry. Please take him/her to the vet, blood is not good, nor is diarrhea in a young puppy. Sorry to sound so gloomy, but if she was mine I would have been to the vet by now anyway.
data3615
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi thanks for the advice... I got the puppy from a reptable breeder. I have the Pedigree forms etc , and seen mother and father.. The dog was microchipped the other day. The dog hasnt had injections yet.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Yes go to your vet is the best advise. Although when I collected Saffy at 8 weeks old for about 1 week we had runny poo with blood. We hadnt changed her food or anything, I took her to the vets and she was given the kaolin to help. Vet said she probably picked up a bug.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by data3615
Hi thanks for the advice... I got the puppy from a reptable breeder. I have the Pedigree forms etc , and seen mother and father.. The dog was microchipped the other day. The dog hasnt had injections yet.

I would phone the breeder then and ask for her advice if I was you data, I'm sure she would be able to advise you what to do. I think if dogs have injections too young then they don't always take properly because a puppy will have the immunity from its mother for quite a few weeks so I would have thought 8 or 9 weeks would be normal for the first vaccination although thats something you could ask your vet if you need to go Good luck and keep us informed how he is
data3615
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah i Will do . Hes so sweet though !!!!!!!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2005, 01:36 PM
i would get him checked at the vets,pups only young and a simple bug can turn nasty very fast.
if its not food related or diet change then there has to be some thing.
although moving home etc will stress the little 1 out blood is not normal.
let us know how you get on.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

31-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Rocky had runny poos too when he came home, but you really should get the blood checked out by a vet. It may just be down to him being scared/nervous but better to be safe than sorry.

Let us know how you get on!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 01:47 PM
If anyone is really worried about their dog I can only recomend them to go see a vet.
Its really hard for ppl on a forum to guess what might be wrong and it can be fatal if its wrong

I hope you get it sortend out soon
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >