Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lckerry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2005, 11:18 AM

Holiday Suggestions

Hi Everyone.
Me and my other half have been talking about next years holiday. We normal go to Greece for two week and my little dog Harry goes to stay with my Dad. Everytime I leave him I get upset and worry that something is going to happen to him when I'm away (I'm an over protective mum) So what we've decided to do next year is to rent a cottage somewhere in England or Wales and Take Harry with us. I want to go somewhere really quiet surrounded by fields so the three of us can go on long walks and spend some quality time together
Does anyone have any suggestions of where we can go?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2005, 11:27 AM
how about scotland - highlands - wester ross - gorgoues part of the world - very few people and some fab cottages and long walks !!

dani
lckerry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog
how about scotland - highlands - wester ross - gorgoues part of the world - very few people and some fab cottages and long walks !!

dani
I would love to go to Scotland. My OH says it too far to drive. We live in Northamptonshire.
Maybe I will suggest it again.
Thanks
min_tbs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi I'm not sure of a certain place, but theres always 'holiday cottages' in the back of 'dog magazines' advertised. Might be worth a look.
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-10-2005, 12:14 PM
We took Bob to dawlish and stoped in a hotel called Langstone cliff it's a bit pricey but there is plenty of space to walk your dog and lots of kids and other dogs to play with.My sister-in-law took her dog to a cottage in Whitby.I hope this has helped a little best of luck I hope you find somewhere
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by lckerry
I would love to go to Scotland. My OH says it too far to drive. We live in Northamptonshire.
Maybe I will suggest it again.
Thanks

just tell him its worth the drive !!!
cos it is
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2005, 01:49 PM
There is a lovely hotel in South Devon Nr Salcombe. As you walk out the hotel it is surrounded by beautiful scenery, it is actually on National Trust land it is absolutely beautiful and so is the food and it is very dog friendly. They also do cottages if you would prefer that. I have never stayed in the cottages, but the hotel is wonderful. here is the website www.portlight.co.uk
lckerry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos
There is a lovely hotel in South Devon Nr Salcombe. As you walk out the hotel it is surrounded by beautiful scenery, it is actually on National Trust land it is absolutely beautiful and so is the food and it is very dog friendly. They also do cottages if you would prefer that. I have never stayed in the cottages, but the hotel is wonderful. here is the website www.portlight.co.uk
Thanks for that, I will have a look at the website.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-10-2005, 02:27 PM
IC If you can say roughly when you are going and how far you wish to go I can give you some suggestions, also do you want sea/mountains or both..
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Hi Ickerry

Have you been to the New Forest? It's fantastic.... we were there not long ago, it's pretty dog friendly, peaceful, beautiful countryside and some amazing walks.... Archie loved it!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >