Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 08:50 PM

Dogs still suprise me!

Today I took Jake to a service of thanksgiving for pets and animals. I am not religious I just thought it would be nice to get Jake blessed just incase! After all he is a terror who gets into all sorts of myschief so it would be nice to think someone is watching over him!

Several dogs turned up (with owners) allso 3 rabbits and 7 cats plus two rats Well you can imagine how white my face was by this time (rats were in cages but jake is a jrt!!!). Jake sat through the whole service wagging his tail, when one of the dogs started barking at a cat he didn't join in. He made no attempt whatsoever to kill either rat and when the vicar came to bless him he sat still allmost as if he understood what was going on.

The service was loveley, the animals behaved better than a lot of humans and if you ever get a chance to go to one of these, even if like me you are not sure what you believe in do go. It was an amazing experience and just reinforced in my head how important animals are in our lives they do so much for us. I'm proud to be an owner
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 08:51 PM
That sounds really nice! I have never heard of that before!
You must be really proud of him!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-10-2005, 08:56 PM
I used to go with my son and whatever child happened to be staying with us We had a young Vicar then with four tiny children and they used to run up and down the isles ..with the animals as well it was chaos
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 09:00 PM
That's really lovely, Jake.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 09:02 PM
we had a lot of laughs during the service today!! When we sang all things bright and beautiful jake kept putting his head to one side then the other as though to say what on earth are you doing. Everyone on our row had to stop singing as they were laughing at him so much.

I was so proud of all the animals though I have never laughed so much in a service before in my life!
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-10-2005, 01:07 PM
I read on the internet these services for animals are becoming popular all over the world, I guess its like a christening for your pet! Sounds like it was loveley though and good fun!

Animals are so inoccent and pure if there is a god they will leap into his arms when they finally end their days.
Dogsrule
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2005, 12:01 PM
I took my three dogs to one of these services last year, our local TV station televised it. It was one of the best services i've been to in my life. We laughed so much I believe I enjoyed it more than my own wedding These services are a loveley idea as someone allready mentioned they are like a christening for your animals.
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by jake
as if he understood what was going on.
That's really nice Jake but I think dogs so understand. I remember at our show just after the kids were shot in Dunblane we had a minutes silence in remembrance. The dogs were all barking and stuff until I said about the minute silence then they all stopped. As soon as said thankk you they all started barking again it was bizzarre
Tracie
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Really nice Idea!

Never heard of anything like that in this country.
Dogsrule
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Scotbun1 I think your so right dogs really do seem to understand much more than we give them credit for.

TamT:Where I live in Swindon they have been doing these animal services for the last 3 years.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >