Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 10:49 AM

Sorry a rant here too

This morning in my inbox (email not DW) I had 22 emails. Quite good you say NO i say 16 of them were from companies overseas wanting to give the rescue money. BUT THEY ARE ALL SCAMS. What angers me is they are at home/office saying there's a charity lets try and rip them off. . There are hundreds of peoples like myself that works really hard to get where we are and these a******s try and do this to us. They offer us money and we think great what a thought ful person then you read on and realise it's a scam. I think I'm up on the scam lark but what about the people that aren't. To let you undersatnd how they work. They send you a cheque for say £1500, £1000 is for the rescue and you send a further£500 to one of the 'friend' of the guy. Low and behold you arn't £1000 richer your actually £500 down as the cheque will bounce
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 10:55 AM
aw hun no wonder you are mad i would be too, i dont know who these people think they are! you do a great job hun, dont let them bother you,, they are just idiots!!
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Tracy thats aufull. Even if it didnt bounce though, you could find yourself involved unwittingly in money laundering......................(thats my bank training coming out now) Good job your not stupid
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-10-2005, 12:27 PM
What can you say ****************************** thats disgusting
Kady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2005, 03:04 PM
They don't just target charities!! We had an ad in Auto trader & we had 7 or 8 of these type of mails saying that they had a buyer for the car overseas & they would send us £xxx which was over what the car was up for & the rest we were to send to a "friend" to cover the shipping of the car!

It is bad enough then but to do it to charities is the lowest of the low!

Kadyxx
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 03:23 PM
That's unbelievable!!! I'd be mad too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Thats terrible,that happened to us when we advertised a scooter in loot,its even worse when its a charity they try to target.