Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 08:04 PM

neighbours

just wondering if you have good or bad neighbours
where we lived before we had awful neighbours,kids totally out of control,very noisy music till 3 am and it continued we moved in may,and now we have a fantasic neighbour,very quiet hardly ever see her
it's lovely living here
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2005, 08:11 PM
We have awful neighbours. they have moved 3 times in the past year. (rented accommodation) and people are saying that they have an ASBO. They have 5 kids (!) all unwashed. 2 were expelled from the last school and now don't go to school at all. They ride mini-motos round the street, swear, write grafiti. (some of which was about my daughter, saying that she was gay because she likes football and supports Man U.)

We try not to let it get us down, but some days I could fly into a rage just seeing them!

We've lived here 11 years and always got on great with the neighbours, but this family has ruined the whole atmos of the street.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 08:17 PM
i really feel for you,theres always one family that spoils it for everyone else
thankfully we don't have any family like that in our street.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2005, 08:17 PM
I have wonderful neighbours who are always pleasant and helpful.

Theres only 8 houses in the close where i live so you cannot help but be friendly to everyone!
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2005, 08:29 PM
I envy you Steve. Our street was like that once but it only took one family to change it.

We should have realised really when we saw all 7 of them getting out of a clapped out fiesta on their first day here!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by patterdale fan
I envy you Steve. Our street was like that once but it only took one family to change it.

We should have realised really when we saw all 7 of them getting out of a clapped out fiesta on their first day here!
Seven people inside a fiesta-was it the Tardis model???

Seriously though,i live next to public playing fields (rear garden backs onto it) so summer time can be a 'problem' season round here,but on the whole-pretty good.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 06:52 AM
I think our town is 2 thirds full of bad neighbours

We don't know Britain at all since we lived only in London & never ventured out. So we asked loads of Brits if they could advise us of a place which is up and coming, affordable and pretty - no-one knew of a place as they too only lived in London So I asked an acquaintance who recommended the town we currently live in, said he had friends here, it had great pubs & it was a lovely market town. So we went up - our first mistake was not staying up here to see what it was like at night - the place takes on a different persona at night. The guy who recommended it mustn't have liked us one bit

We have one set of good neighbours who are so lovely, she works for the police and now hates living in the town too and wants to leave She said she sees enough badness at work and doesn't want to have it in the town we live in as well - some kid threw a small rock at her when she was walking down our street.

Our second set of neighbours are awful - 6 children, 5 of those under the age of 6 - run riot, throw plates and debris into our house, they kick in our fence, the lady sits outside and smokes all day ignoring her kids, the father works hard but gets a rough time from the wife and kids - wouldn't want their life for anything, if we had known they lived next door we wouldn't have bought the house.

We had a murder on our street about 3 months ago, and a gang fight broke out about a month ago on our street (we are around the corner from the park and this attracts some pretty nasty people - all 4 houses where that fight occurred are now on the market Our street has been selected for anti social behaviour laws

How on earth are we going to sell our house? All the oak flooring and scandinavian design we've put into the place won't be worth a dime

Thanks to Willow talking about New Forest I think we may try to look at moving over there - it won't be any time soon but when it is that time I will be delighted to leave the South East of England and never return again
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Excellent neighbours - a good distance away Can't imagine the sheer awfulness of close , bad neighbours
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 09:19 AM
We have good neighbours on one side and well we ignore the other side everytime she ses us she has something to complain about, tumble drier on after 6pm she doesnt want the kids to have their friends over as they make noise(not a lot just normal kids), she doesnt want us to have BBQs as the smoke might go into her garden(we always tell them when we are having one so she can take washing in). We know why she doesnt like us as when we first moved in she was really nice and couldnt do enough for you then she met my friend who is mixed race and she hasnt had anything nice to say since then her problem really, sad narrow minded old bat.
She doesnt see it a problem that her dog starts barking at about 7 in the morning and carries on all day, everytime I go into my garden her dog goes mental, growling and barking at me she says its because he isnt used to having people in the garden(well get over it I have lived here 3yrs).
Mary
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Well we had good neighbours untill next door got a devorce and he moved in his girlfriend it went down hill fast from there.

A small 4 foot fence that was in between the two houses (to seperate the drives) was changed to a 6 foot one constant complaints about the dogs barking (no one else complained) and the smell from the drive from urine etc when there was not any(enviromental health checked cause we called them)

Parcels addressed to them but we took them in (as nay good neighbour would) but then that changed to having our address on the thier parcels without our ok.

They have four Motorcycles and one car when it's just the pair of them and the bikes thye start and just leave them running and then go and get changed for the ride that they are going on so i got 2 bikes ticking over in the garden for 20 mins+ not doing anything We don't talk to them any more.

They have also fallen out with thier other side cause in the last bad wind it knocked over the fence between the two houses and they haven't replaced it yet. I can only think they haven't done it cause their other neighbour has no dogs. If it was our side it would br repaired in hours not months.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >