Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 09:35 AM

Screensaver problem.

My daughter had a new computer earlier this year and it had a lovely coldwater fish screensaver so when I got a new computer from PC world - I wanted this on too and just supposed it would be on because my computer was a few months newer than hers and is the same make (Packard Bell) - anyway mine didn't have it on and I really really want it I have an aquarium marine one (which I had to buy separately from Currys) which is very good but I really want the goldfish one because its is so lifelike and real.

Has anybody any idea if I can copy it from her computer and if I can how do I do it
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Foxy I am sure its just a case of finding that screensaver file and copying it over to your computer. The screensavers are normally in the Windows folder on your C: drive, Somebody else can probably give you more detailed advice though I hope
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2005, 02:24 PM
the programes are mostley preinstalled but it should be on a disk ( CD ) or on the hard drive in a folder if you go to start / search folders / and type in the name or( screen saver ) or ( *.zip ) it sould find it for you copy the whole folder onto the other pc and you should be able to install it
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
the programes are mostley preinstalled but it should be on a disk ( CD ) or on the hard drive in a folder if you go to start / search folders / and type in the name or( screen saver ) or ( *.zip ) it sould find it for you copy the whole folder onto the other pc and you should be able to install it

Thanks Het and Fred Can I copy it onto a CD or do I have to have one of those things that you can store data on that you stick in the USB port (can't remember what they are called )

It really is a lovely screen saver though - I was really disappointed that it didn't come with my computer too because we got them from the same place
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2005, 03:38 PM
doesn`t matter what you copy it onto as long as you copy all of it
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2005, 04:04 PM
as fred said on any type then open it and install them into your own screen savers file.
then pick and apply it.
fred i'm having a night off ....lol

Here you are foxy some free screen savers for you
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by leo
as fred said on any type then open it and install them into your own screen savers file.
then pick and apply it.
fred i'm having a night off ....lol

Here you are foxy some free screen savers for you

Thanks Leo, I just went on that site and was going to Download the Dolphin one but wasn't comfy with having to put my name, date of birth and postcode in to get it - couldn't someone pinch your identity this way if you are giving them all that information and why do they need it anyway - or maybe I'm just being over suspicious
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Thanks Leo, I just went on that site and was going to Download the Dolphin one but wasn't comfy with having to put my name, date of birth and postcode in to get it - couldn't someone pinch your identity this way if you are giving them all that information and why do they need it anyway - or maybe I'm just being over suspicious
Foxy don`t put your real name or real e.mail nothing real i am sure you know how to do that
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
Foxy don`t put your real name or real e.mail nothing real i am sure you know how to do that

No I didn't know that Fred, I was putting my name in and postcode and everything and then thought - why would they need all this for a free screensaver so I cancelled it all and came off. Do you think there is something suspicious when they ask for this as well It says you have to put your postcode in - it won't let you have the screensaver without it.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
No I didn't know that Fred, I was putting my name in and postcode and everything and then thought - why would they need all this for a free screensaver so I cancelled it all and came off. Do you think there is something suspicious when they ask for this as well It says you have to put your postcode in - it won't let you have the screensaver without it.
then put another one in not your own
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >