Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2023, 06:47 AM

Wednesday 4th October 2023

Morning all. Hope you all had a good day yesterday. Usual day for me. Ann, a friend who brings me books is coming with more for me to read. I have just finished one that I bought from the chairty shop called Northern Lights by Philip Pullman. Saw the series when it was on tele years ago and the book was just as the series. Makes a change with no changing of scripts like some film producers do. Tesco this morning and then Margaret late afternoon. I will be seeing a new friend with pics of my Dad in the RAF and her Dad who was also in the RAF at the same time as mine. It might be that they knew each other as in the same engineering ground crew. Small world. Typical, either lots to do or nothing at all on some days. lol!! Anyway have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2023, 09:39 AM
Good morning Brenda hope everything goes well for you today

Yesterday was spent at Ben's looking after Sarah and Ana who were ill, well at least Sarah was recovering from a bad upset stomach she had had on Monday but I think Ana was pulling a fast one on us as she seemed ok all day to me. Both at school today though.

Not on duty until this afternoon and I may have to take Maria for an ENT appointment if Ben cannot make it. Hopefully they will agree she needs her tonsils out as she has already had another bout in the last week.

I have also managed to speak to someone in the company who is running the building site where I damaged the wing mirror and it seems that they will pay the money directly into m bank by th end of the week. Fingers crossed all goes well

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2023, 10:57 AM
Morning just. brenda, Sue and all to follow.
The weather is sunny and breezy so washing is on the line.
Opened up top of the front door to see if there were any letters in the post box and none, some woman looks and says will you be able to get out ok ? I couldn't see if I could or not so asked are you overhanging the drive ? Her reply is yes.
So I said yes and thank you, if you have to ask why park there knowing you are obstructing part of the driveway ? She had loads of room elsewhere.
I give up with people.

brenda sounds like a nice day planned.
Sue fingers crossed they agree to remove Maria's tonsils, also good news about the wing mirror incident. Fingers crossed the money arrives as promised.

Have a good day everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2023, 01:32 PM
Have heard that Margaret might not make it as there are roadworks from around where I am to where she is so the bus will take to long to get to me. Hey ho these buses have a life of their own. Fingers crossed for me peeps that she makes it. Mind you the roadworks are going on till the end of October apparently. (sigh)!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2023, 06:03 PM
Really hope they agree to take Maria's tonsils out.
Lynn, I have decided that people are just rude and inconsiderate
Brenda, hope you have a great time
Increased chemo dose done, call from GP....not my usual who told me I shouldn't be taking it with an infection , I have had infections since march, in which case, no chemo and I would be dead, he then went on to prescribe me drugs I shouldn't take with my chemo.....sigh. I have a call with my usual GP tomorrow to see if she will give me monthly blood tests to save me paying so if everyone can please pray lol. I shall discuss today's debacle and get her opinion and go from there, I ended up paying for my private prescription as it was getting really complicated and it was only £9.29!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2023, 06:16 PM
griff it is ridiculous.
Not in the same boat as you but I had an email today inviting me to book my covid jab as I will be 65 by the end of March next year.
Great except the NHS website does not allow you to book it. So rang and it wouldn't allow the operator to book it either.
The poor woman has had so many complaints about it today.
Gorden was able to book his as he is 66. So I have to go for a walk in appointment at a pharmacy 11.5 miles away. that's the nearest.
Gorden is booked around 6 or 7 miles away.
Honestly everything is going to pot.

brenda sorry Margaret couldn't get to you due to roadworks.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2023, 07:33 PM
Evening all been to work and back home now nights are drawing in I see yet another sad fatality with regards to dogs this is getting heartbreakingly sad now https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...lWpxIhWW0-F-Ik
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2023, 07:40 PM
Lynn,the COVID jab situation is frustrating, our GP was telling us to book via NHS, I rung a local chemist, they do walk ins and I just have to let them know what makes me eligible, we are lucky there's around 3 in the city doing walk ins.
Kazz, there's been at least 4 on our dog warden page.....none of whom I expect will be reunited. It's not helped by the fact "ban" is being bandied about, it will be the same as pitbulls, get them exempted, liability insurance and muzzles and on lead.... people are chucking out pets through worry. I have explained it to a few people now and made sure that they know not to allow the police in without a warrant and a to deffo not sign paperwork.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2023, 07:43 PM
I also believe that training should be mandatory, I spent 4 years training my staffs one is gold KC and the other silver
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2023, 08:08 PM
There's a new drama thing just started on ITV.... doesn't look bad, payback. Hope it's not on over 3-4 nights prefer weekly stuff, I am enjoying the long shadow too