Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2022, 07:40 AM

Tiddling Thursday 13th October 2022

Morning all. Yep it is wet here so haven't been for walk yet but have put the bins back so that is how I know it is wet. Kelly hope the new neighbours are nice. Have a good day everyone.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2022, 08:03 AM
wet miserable day and a lot colder. Definately a stay indoors with a cup of coffee day
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2022, 08:29 AM
Good morning

Hope new neighbours are nice Kelly.

Morning school run done and back this afternoon. Yes very wet here but if you believe the weather forecast it is going to clear up by lunch time

Hope all are well. Take care
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2022, 09:52 AM
Cracking morning here wish I had not looked at weather forecast yesterday and put some washing in. Ah well off to work shortly catch you all later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2022, 03:48 PM
Afternoon everyone.
Turned out nice here after a dodgy start so put washing out and took a chance, glad I did.
Popped put for some bits and Gorden is now laying flooring in the hall well finishing laying the flooring in the hall.

Bit of a rant. Had the message from lauren for Freya sitting days picking up a Friday in early December which is ok as we won't be going away in December and it is still our two days.
Then she messaged and said could we have Freya Christmas Eve ? She does know Michael may be flying over for Christmas so if not she would ask her dad or her brother and wife.
She said she was prepared to drive over with Freya that morning and one of them would pick her up in the evening. They both have to be in work by 8.30 am to unlock and neither finish till 6 pm after cashing up and locking up.
We said no we would come over and Micheal would be more than likely happy to come too even though it is an early start for us, Gorden likes his Christmas eve shop and Michael usually goes to and they would be near Cambridge just down the road in fact.
Freya and I could go too and see the Christmas fun depending on the weather if not i will stay at home with her.
Your probably wondering what my rant is ? Well Lauren asked her mum as her mum has Christmas off this year, now don't get me wrong she works hard as a carer but she said no to having Freya.
Her dad and step mum couldn't leave the dogs all day fair enough but her dad would be useless driving over and looking after Freya on his own and Lauren would dread the chaos she would go home too.
Her brother and sil could possibly have her but all those options mean them driving Freya to them something not needed the hours they will be working.
Her mum sometimes annoys me she tells me she is jealous I get to spend so much time with Freya. Well does she not think we have worked hard all our lives for retirement ? We try our best to step in and make Mark and Lauren's life easier and we are giving up our retirement at least two days a week to help.
I would have thought they would have relished having her for her 2nd Christmas and all the exciting things that Freya is now aware of.
It did make me angry poor Lauren must feel bad asking us she did say I will ask my brother as you have her so much, but they have 3 young children and getting them up at the time they would need to get to Freya wouldn't be fair and then that means Mark and Lauren have to do the journey to drop off and pick up.
Rant over but it did make my blood boil.

griff hope the neighbours are far far better.
Chris hope the drama is settling with Gary and that eyes are feeling better and that Rosie is still improving.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2022, 06:12 PM
Lynn how lovely that you get her Christmas eve; I would snap their arm off bet your son will be chuffed as well seeing her. Magic of Christmas is children's eyes.
Glad the flooring is going well.

Chris What would you do without all this drama.....LOL .....life would be boring.

Griff Have a great day hope the new neighbours are okay.

Brenda What was worrying you yesterday everything alright?

Sue Good morning, hope your day was good.

Moyra Helo if you are reading this.

Just off to Dunelm if I can get there without being caught by the neighbours all in very chatty moods today, almost late for work Think they are stalking me LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2022, 06:25 PM
Hope you got out without being stalled Kazz.

Yes I can't understand her mum. She normally works over Christmas although I think Christmas days she gets off as they have for the last few years since we've known Lauren always spent Christmas day there. Except for when we went through covid.
She may not get the chance again for a very long time.
We shall enjoy the day with her whether out or in, although guessing if the Christmas shopping is off the list we will do something, garden centre maybe.
We said yesterday she loves the lights and Christmas decorations now popping up in the garden centres last time we did that was when Joel was little and we were allowed to take him and his brother out.
We used to love it with our boys when they were little too. We're the winners.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2022, 07:02 PM
No they got me back in now going tomorrow
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2022, 07:08 PM
Lynn When we were little Christmas eve afternoon (although seemed like middle of the night to us) we were bundled up out for a nice walk and often a walk which then became a race around the park to see who could find the biggest leaf smallest stone etc anything to burn off energy, I think. LOL then a drive to see the lights in Town no houses did them then. Occasionally we would drop things off Mom had made to family, as we got older, we went to see the pantomime. MEMORIES are made. See if you can book Freya for next year.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2022, 07:46 PM
Our youngest Michael who is now 37 used to get so excited.
When we had a boat we took him and a friend out on the river on Christmas eve to try to pass the day.
Another year we let him have the spa bath with as much bubble bath as he wanted to help pass the time
One year we had to let him sleep downstairs with some presents around the sleeping bag and the alarm clock going off every hour till a reasonable time and he would open a present every hour.
Mark loved Christmas too but was never as excited as Michael a day out would suffice him, Michael was on another level.
He did outgrow it but I do miss those magical moments.
I have a feeling we will be having Freya most Christmas eves if not all till she no longer needs us or we are too old.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >