Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2022, 06:50 AM

Sunny Saturday 1st October 2022

Morning all. Hope Rosie feels better soon. Hope you also get unstuck Chris. Wow did it rain last evening and windy.This morning so calm and sunny. Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2022, 08:27 AM
Good morning Brenda hope you have a good day

Hope your eye is better today Chris and that Rosie also improves

Yep very windy last night and heavy rain. Barry is now in the garden blowing up the debris but I think the grass is really to wet but hey what do I know.

Teazle had walk but did not meet a soul. Now cooking chicken for lunch to put into wraps. The girls love these and other than pasta bake would live on them

Hope all are well. Take care.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2022, 10:48 AM
Afternoon all
Lovely day here today sunshine. Off into the garden hoping to get some daffodils in may get side-tracked as need to move a couple of plants and cut back a bit clearing out summer baskets as well, see what I can salvage and replant or compost. Washing on the line and blowing drying well in the sunshine. Brought a new slow cooker yesterday and going to have a go at roast leg of pork overnight for tomorrow.

Given the raise in power prices.

Sue Sound like a nice day. Are the girls with you today?

Chris Very worrying about Rosie hope she feels a bit better sorry to hear the Liberal did not work but you tried. Hope your eye is feeling a bit better wonder why it taken a bit longer this time? How did your Hubby get on at his hospital appointment?

Brenda Thinking of you with your friend's hubby. glad YOUR "FRIENDLY WALK" was good. Yes, heavy rain and winds here too and back tomorrow I believe.

Moyra Hope all is going well with you and Steve.

Griff Bit of a rough time my friend hope it all settles down now you have new neighbours coming in. In the long run will it help your house sale them not declaring the issues between neighbours (if your mom and dad) sell your house? How are you all getting on?

Lynn Busy busy busy it seems; good luck with the caravan search enjoy your few days off. Love the Freya updates seems only yesterday she was on the way let alone teething and tottering around.

Have a good day all, catch you all later
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2022, 01:30 PM
well got 4 plastic bags each with so many acorns in they were heavy to carry, now just about run out of petrol for the leaf blower. at least the garden doesn't look so much as if a tornado has hit
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2022, 02:15 PM
Well done on the gardening front.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2022, 02:30 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lovely day here. Really funny this afternoon, sitting drinking coffee on the prom and watching the rain out at sea while sitting in the sunshine.

Rosie is a bit better today now that the Caprodyl is kicking in again, but I've got her on limited walking for a couple of days

Kazz, Dave's eye check was only to see what lens to use when they do his cataract op next week.

My eye a lot better. Was really worried last night when I lost a lot of sight in it. It was like looking through a very thick fog. That has cleared now and it just feels slightly gritty

If anyone watched 24/7 A&E this week on Channel 5, the fella with the dislocated elbow and broken wrist is my nephew. Bless him, he was in so much pain and high as a kite on the painkillers they kept giving him.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2022, 03:19 PM
Afternoon all
Had my flu jab and 6th COVID jab yesterday, my god was I ill in the night! I thought I was dying!! Took me 2 hours to get out of bed this morning, feeling a bit better now but can't stop sweating.
Kazz, they were supposed to have moved on 30th September.....still here so I am hoping the people buying have had the good sense to refuse to sign until it's resolved, they tried to stitch them up.....lied on the form you fill in when selling, you have to declare neighbour disputes, state if any boundary features have been moved in the last 10 years and basically they didn't tell the poor people anything! And in fact, their solicitor also lied and told the buyers the boundary issue was resolved..... despite the fact they had an upcoming court date. We have a trial date of 12th December, mum and dad made an offer to settle out of court, his reply to our solicitor was he had hoped we could compromise but didn't come back with a counter offer so how do you compromise..... that's the trouble of dealing with thick people.
It will make no odds to us if they declare a dispute or not....we will be honest as always, they are actually supposed to declare 3 neighbour disputes ( we are a block of 4 houses!) But have declared none at all, so, we are stuck with them for the foreseeable I guess
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2022, 06:58 PM
When I sold the flat that was Gary's a couple of years ago, there wasn't a question about any neighbour disputes which surprised me.

Hopefully, Kelly, when someone does buy it and moves in, it will be a lot easier for you all. I hope it's someone both nice and reasonable x

Gary's 'friend' is back on the scene and now he's not talking to me. Happens every time <sigh>
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2022, 08:32 PM
Good evening everyone.
We bought a caravan. The first one we saw was a private seller well it wasn't very good, our friends came with us.
So we stopped at a caravan sales place on the way back we looked there a couple of weeks ago and saw two we liked but thought we could get a better deal privately.
We stopped there for a mooch to give Boo a stretch of the legs and get some lunch. We saw a caravan that we had already looked at, well Colin saw it and said this is a bargain even though it was above what we were thinking of spending, when we weighed everything up, we get a new awning it already has a motor mover, new aqua rolls a new battery and it will get a thorough check. We decided to go ahead and have put a deposit on it and bring it home in two weeks when Colin is available to sit beside Gorden as it will be Gorden's first time towing a caravan.
We had a lovely day they went home and then popped back later and we had fish and chips and a good chat and laugh.

Glad the morning has been calmer brenda.
Yes Kazz she is growing up quick and so funny she certainly makes us laugh.
Sue and Barry glad the garden is tidier and that the girls enjoyed the lunch.
Chris glad Rosie is feeling better and I hope Gary see's sense soon.
griff sorry the jabs have made you feel so unwell. Hope you feel better soon.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2022, 10:20 PM
He'll see sense before or on Monday, Lynn as he has to go to the dentist