Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alpal
New Member!
Female 

15-07-2017, 07:47 AM

Should I get a dog?

Hello , I cant decide whether I should get a dog or not , I love dogs and I have always loved them , my grandpa had them around all the time and I fell in love with my first dog at about 2 ever since then I always wanted a dog. Anyways long story short my dad didnt want them but now that I live in a different place I can get my own dog. But there are a few things stopping me :
1) i live in an apartment not really big apartment either
2) the running space I have for the dog would be on the roof (I live in a 2 floor buliding and I'm allowed to use the roof) the roof is closed and medium sized but there is no grass and obv I couldnt just open the door and let the dog out I would have to take him up to go.
3) I have 2 cats
4) I have had 3 miscarriges and had to stay in the hospital a week with one of them (what if that happened again?) and I plan on continuing to try to have a baby .

Those are really my issues but other than that I do not work and have a lot of time on my hands and I would love to have a puppy in the house that would be my companion. One second i think it would be PERFECT to have one , the other I'm afraid the puppy wont be happy
Coop
New Member!
Male 

16-07-2017, 01:27 AM
It sounds like you've answered your own question!

Dogs can be wonderful companions, and in my opinion very different companions than what cats make. Cats tend to be a lot more independent than dogs, and require significantly less attention than do cats. So be prepared for being a bit more hands on than you are with your other three pets. Well adjusted dogs also require a significant amount of training, so if you're ready to make the time commitment, then go for it!

The only question left to answer is whether you should get a boy or a girl!

-Coop