Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-09-2005, 02:31 PM

Have you tried Arden Grange classic?

I was given a sample of this food earlier today (lamb & rice) and despite never heard of this brand before-it looks pretty good.

I presently feed Vegas on Burns lamb & rice and the minimum meat content with this is 21%.Arden Grange is minimum of 27% and everything else is almost identical to Burns.

Both have similar prices,but has anyone tried their dogs on this???
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 03:13 PM
My dogs are on Arden Grange Performance at the moment...

I think it's good value as compared to lots of kibbles, the amount you need to feed is quite small (you'll probably end up feeding about the same as you do Burns or maybe even a bit less)

Other than that, as far as kibbles go, the ingrediants make it one of the better kibbles out there.

I'm waiting to switch to raw as I still think 27% meat is not brilliant but heck compared to many kibbles offering alot less, it is one of the better brands (When you think something like P.Chum would be 4% meat derivitives)

So yeah you could do alot worse! For my dogs it works better as they wouldn't do so good on the lower protein of Burns.

Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Myschevious-do you think Vegas would benefit from being fed Arden Grange and which type???

He isnt over or under weight (36kgs),has a good appetite and is quite energetic.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 03:45 PM
I have just this month for the first time bough some Arden Grange Prestige, my dogs love it and it's made with chicken fit for human consumption which is good to know, as I breed my dogs I'm a registered breeder so get it a bit cheaper, I think the prestige worked out around £25 a 15kg bag
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Hi Steve

Have you looked at all the products on the website??

For mine I took into account what I 'think' they need...Keena doesn't keep weight on if the protein and fat is too low and she also has a fairly sensitive stomach...The performance I thought was good for her as it has protein and fat levels that she wont get skinny on and the ingredients are quite good for a sensitive tummy, it includes pro biotics etc...As mine are large dogs also, I like their kibble to contain glucosamine and this variety does.

You will find the ingredients in all the range are quite similar to be honest but they just tweak the protein and fat levels and add bits here and there, so really it's a case of what you think Vegas needs out of his food...If he is the right weight go for a variety with similar protein & fat levels to what he is on, to maintain him...and then just look at the extras that you may think would be beneficial...Hope that makes sense
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
I have just this month for the first time bough some Arden Grange Prestige, my dogs love it and it's made with chicken fit for human consumption which is good to know, as I breed my dogs I'm a registered breeder so get it a bit cheaper, I think the prestige worked out around £25 a 15kg bag
£25 is £7 cheaper than i pay for 15kgs of Burns!

Just given Vegas the sample and the smell from the food was quite nice.It dont look dry like Burns and he is certanly enjoying it! Shall be buying a sackful when the Burns runs out!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 04:15 PM
I think my 15kg sack cost £29 something...but it lasts them better than alot of kibbles do
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Hi Steve

Have you looked at all the products on the website??

For mine I took into account what I 'think' they need...Keena doesn't keep weight on if the protein and fat is too low and she also has a fairly sensitive stomach...The performance I thought was good for her as it has protein and fat levels that she wont get skinny on and the ingredients are quite good for a sensitive tummy, it includes pro biotics etc...As mine are large dogs also, I like their kibble to contain glucosamine and this variety does.

You will find the ingredients in all the range are quite similar to be honest but they just tweak the protein and fat levels and add bits here and there, so really it's a case of what you think Vegas needs out of his food...If he is the right weight go for a variety with similar protein & fat levels to what he is on, to maintain him...and then just look at the extras that you may think would be beneficial...Hope that makes sense
At the moment-there isnt an ounce of fat on him and is in real good condition.His coat is beautifully soft & silky (was a bit course few months ago when i got him) and does like to run-a lot! It looks like the lamb & rice is the one for him because the ingredients are very similar to Burns,but with more meat content.

Cheers Myschevious!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 04:49 PM
No problem
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Steve Arden Grange is a good food and up there with Burns ..try it and see how you get on
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >