Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lil554
New Member!
Female 

23-11-2016, 10:14 AM

Pet show.

So, my friends and I are organizing a pet show by next month and we are searching for ways to advertise the event. I've been thinking of using flyers, but my friend was suggesting we do a chalk art advertising for the show. But, do you think it's necessary to do such a big promotion, cause it's going to be just a small event. Need your suggestions on this. Thanks in advance.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Depends if you want to make a profit or just cover costs of hiring venue. If profit then advertise everywhere if not just tell friends and family to tell their friends and family. Tell schools as kids like to bring their pets.Vets, pet shops, other shops etc. Be aware of safety rules and RSPCA rules not sure what it is in Canada. Good luck.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Good for you for trying to get a pet show going, do think about what we call over in the UK third party insurance.

Why? should an accident happen like someone even falling over within the grounds of the show they might try to get some sort of financial compensation. Or even if an animal gets hurt you need to be covered.
First place would be to see if the local vets will put up a flyer for you, then the local shops.
Then getting a photographer might be an idea, there are plenty of forums with photographers keen to help not only for you but also for themselves to develop skills. people always want their pet photos, so some some agreement between yourselves and photographer regarding charges etc.