Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kjones6670
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-10-2015, 03:55 PM

Prednicare

My poor little Ernie has had ear infections and really itchy skin for quite a while now. The vet took some swabs out of his ear and said the tests didn't really show anything. She has prescribed prednicare. 3 tablets a day for 3 days, 2 for 5 days and then 1 for the rest of the course. I hadn't really noticed any changes with Ernie until 5 this morning when I woke up to the horror of Ernie weeing all over me!!! It was as though he didn't even know he was doing it, he was just lying there in his own wee!

I took him straight outside when he finished his massive wee off out there! I haven't noticed him drinking more since he has been on these tablets. I let him out for a wee at midnight so he only managed to last 5 hours.

I telephoned the vet and she said that this is normal and just to continue with the medication.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced these same symptoms with prednicare and if this is normal?

Thank you
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Yes it is normal with steroids. Finn used to be the same on the higher doses but when the the dosage reduced so did the peeing.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2015, 12:58 AM
Yes quite normal. Side effects are increase in thirst and hunger.