Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2015, 11:27 AM

Say No to China holding World Dog Show

Its ludicrous that China is hosting the World Dog Show in 2019 . Their cruelty to dogs in the meat trade is just sickening.
I don't know if this petition will change anything but its worth trying.

https://www.change.org/p/rafael-de-s...edium=copylink
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Way to discriminate against the entire country because SOME people there like to cruelly treat dogs and eat dog meat. Many Chinese people are perfectly good dog owners and dog lovers. Why would I support this kind of nonsense? Oh well, to each his own.
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-09-2015, 05:12 AM
ITs not just the meat trade they also have some bizzare breeding ideas...
However I think the only way that China will learn to respect dogs and other animals is via education and an international dog show is one way of getting the balll rolling.
Maybe exposure to other ideas, other standards of care and other ideas of what is and isnt acceptable will help to change a few peoples minds.
Then if they then give voice to their new found knowledge more and more will change..

Maybe one day China will be dog friendly, but isolation wont help.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Good points made there, too Dorrit and I agree.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Dorrit View Post

Maybe one day China will be dog friendly, but isolation wont help.
But if it's a way to make feeling known it has to be a good move.

We are talking about hosting a dog show in a country where dog/ animal welfare is abysmal , yes there may very well be a proportion of Chinese who treat their animals well, but culturally they don't have a good reputation , hence why it would be abhorrent to think they would be the face of the world dog show.

There are already some countries kennel clubs, that are voting with their feet and boycotting this show, hopefully people will stand by their convictions and follow suit...

It may be a small step in letting the Chinese know the civilised world finds boiling dogs alive horrendous , and giving them credence to hold a prestigious dog show will not be supported.

To suggest this petition is nonsense says a lot about the person saying it , I would have thought anyone who loved dogs would be signing this without question, not dismissing it as nonsense .
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Thanks to everyone who signed.
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-09-2015, 02:54 PM
The Chinese governement will make sure that any voice of descent or opposition from outside is silenced..
If the people stay away the chinese will never know why or what is said about them their govermment simply wont allow it.

Its always easier to make change from the inside than from the outside..

oh and just for the record Im not a great fan of dog shows anyway..
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

01-09-2015, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dorrit View Post
The Chinese governement will make sure that any voice of descent or opposition from outside is silenced..
If the people stay away the chinese will never know why or what is said about them their govermment simply wont allow it.

Its always easier to make change from the inside than from the outside..

oh and just for the record Im not a great fan of dog shows anyway..
You have a point about the government keeping it from the people, still , it should not mean the outside world shouldn't act on the if beliefs.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2015, 03:59 PM
I stand by my words. The petition is absolute nonsense and you will step off of me with that. It's discriminatory against an entire group, and even if it works, it's not going to do any good for the world or China's issues with dogs. It's arguable that dog shows are something to be defending anyway. There are many people in China that don't support cruelty to dogs. Man it's probably best if I don't attack this because I was just judged by a person for not signing a petition that generalizes and separates an entire country for one cruel practice. Boy I... yeah I'm done with this thread.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

01-09-2015, 04:16 PM
It's not one cruel practice, it's one of many, it's also not the fact you don't want to sign a petition , it's the lack of empathy that comes across in your post for these dogs , considering you are supposed to be a dog lover. The China has a reputation of cruelty towards animals , it's fact not fiction . To suggest its discrimination is ridiculous .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >