Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2015, 09:00 PM

Raw meat - near Burnley/Hebden Bridge

So this is probably a long shot as I'm not aware of many users close to me, but since losing Cookie I'm finally ready to start getting rid of some of the stuff we have for him.
To start with I thought the freezer could be emptied. This is hard time for me so I don't want to be messed around but I really don't want to chuck it all in the bin, especially since it will stink!

All ordered from DAF or bought from the supermarket
I have
a box of lamb ribs
a bag of 10 lamb tripes (all stuck together though)
a few small bags of lamb tripe
turkey leg
lamb bone (meat on)
and a few other bits
a couple of bags of trotters
duck wings

Oh and a couple of bags (one already opened) of natures menu with fruit & veg (ferrets can't have any veg).

Most of the stuff I had I can and have been feeding to my other pets (ferrets) but they don't like the duck wings, I doubt they will eat tripe and everything else the bones are too big.
There might be a few other bits, but it's not loads. I don't want anything for it, just want more room for stuff the ferrets can eat. The supermarket stuff is no good for us, as we're vegetarians.
I'm willing to drive a bit to meet someone but I've got a bad back and can't drive too far. I'm in most of the day, but would rather meet somewhere public, such as a carpark or something.

If you know someone who's near me feel free to pass on, as long as it gets put to good use I'm happy.

I also have a partially used and full bag of http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o06_s00 and some natures menu freezed dry raw treats (again contain some fruit and veg).
I can find a home for the dry food but if someone wants the raw and they are welcome for it too.
Dicko
New Member!
Male 

27-03-2015, 11:14 AM
So sorry to hear about your dog, it must be very hard to be reminded every time you open the freezer.
Just a thought, but I know that many reputable rescues are struggling and would welcome a donation of food.
Best wishes
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2015, 02:00 PM
But I've never seen a rescue feed raw...
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2015, 03:15 PM
I don't know of any rescues that would use any raw meat, otherwise that would have been my first choice. Thanks though.

I don't really want to get into all the stuff that we still have, but everything reminds me of him. I think in a way a lot of stuff always will. I still haven't emptied out his cupboards, no idea what to do with his toys and his certificates and rosettes are still in the living room. Plus pictures of him everywhere. I just feel more able to part with the food, it's not like when I miss him I can go cuddle a frozen trotter!
We won't discuss that I sleep with 6 of his favorite toys and his blanket every night, and that actually 5 of the 6 toys are the same... He really loved his Nigels (soft sheep toy).
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Aww, you'll part with these things when you're ready. My last boy was old and didn't have any toys, but his collars etc. are used on the other dogs etc. His food bowl, too.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2015, 04:02 PM
I have a keepsake box with things from my pets in that I couldn't part with, I also have a toy lion (Simba from the Lion King) that I got when I was 8 that my first dog Bess loved. She never really did toys but she would carry it around and sleep with it. I have her brush and a few other bits.
I don't plan on parting with his most loved toys and his blanket until they disintegrate, in fact we've bought a shelf to put above the bed where I can safely put them so my ferrets don't stink them up or run off with them. Eventually they will stay there all the time, but be close for if I'm having a bad day and need something to hold.

I suppose everyone is different and every love is different, I couldn't bare to part with them.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2015, 05:07 PM
You're absolutely correct. We're all different. After my Brownie died, I deleted his entire YouTube channel. It just wasn't my thing to still have his channel active as if I'd ever be able to add more videos of him. It bothered me immensely for some reason. I kept all his pics, though.

Think when my Jadey goes, I'll toss the only thing here that truly is all hers, her muzzle. I couldn't have it hanging around here, knowing we'd never go on a walk again. I'd probably just give it away.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2015, 09:52 PM
I hate to throw things away, if I knew someone that could benefit from his things I'd be happier to part with them. But for the moment I'm only happy to pass on things that will spoil, so food and treats.
I've allowed the ferrets (well the only one who likes soft toys) to stash all the toys he got recently or the ones he never really played with. Most of his food toys will go to them as well, but not the kongs (not ferret safe). When I'm ready I'll see if a rescue would use used food toys.