Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 03:54 PM

Pet supermarket problems

I don't very often post on this site but I am so incensed with this supplier that I thought I would warn people about pet supermarket.
I get an email to say £10 off my order. So I duly put in an order for dogfood and pay with paypal.
No discount is given at the checkout and I then get a message to say I will be given £15 off if I sign up for a regular deal and give them my card details. I don't want to do that so I think well at least I need the dogfood and wait for it to arrive. I am told it will be with me in 5 days.
Nothing arrives in 5 days so I email them. I am told it is delayed and will be with them in a week with a further 2/3 days delivery time.
Nine days later I have heard nothing so I email them. I hear nothing. I wait a day and contact them by live chat. I am told they are unable to obtain supplies at the moment. So I ask for my money back (which they took 15 days ago) and I am now told they will refund me within 4 days.
My dog needs that particular food and I hope I will be able to get it elsewhere before I run out. They certainly were not going to inform me of the situation.
I definitely won't be using that online shop again.

Sorry about the rant but I am very cross
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 04:19 PM
So sorry this happened to you. I've had something like this happen with an online vendor. They did not honor their listed price and then they refused to refund. Gather all information and correspondence and file a claim with PayPal. Before you do this, threaten to expose them and do this.

I had to do this, it was the only way to get my money back. I won the claim and PayPal snatched the money from them by force. Pet Supermarket has many brick and mortar stores here, I greatly prefer Petco and Petsmart.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 05:01 PM
Thanks Myra. I have calmed down now

They did say they would refund within 4 days so I shall keep an eye on my paypal account.

I am just shocked at the appalling lack of customer service. I think it is common sense to let buyers know what is happening. But then I am used to Amazon and whatever their other faults Amazon service is fantastic
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 05:43 PM
It does not take four days to refund. Do keep an eye on that account. I suspect they are giving you another run around. If you don't get a refund in four days, or if they give you any more garbage, gather your evidence and file a claim with PayPal. I'm sure you'll win based on the sound of it. Companies cannot just keep your money and not deliver anything.

Amazon does have great customer service, too great. Being a seller is hard as they enable fraudulent buyers to make up stories to get refunds.