Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-01-2015, 02:49 AM

Wanting to Create a Website

I've been playing with the idea to create a website giving info on rescues, not just for dogs, but for cats, horses and any other animal specific rescues. I want to find reputable rescues all over and try to give them extra exposure and share their rescues stories and give info about them as well as any pets they have for adoption by having a pet of the month or something along those lines. Also to have a section explaining the benefits of fostering and how to go about finding a rescue to help as volunteers. I also want to have sections on animal welfare issues and organizations out there that are trying to make a difference. I will also have a blog sharing stories to give a view on what goes on in the life of rescue.

It will probably take a while to get it all together, but am sick of sitting comfortably on my couch bitching about people who neglect, abuse, and abandon their pets. Hopefully this will help educate and give perspective on rescue and animal welfare issues and how to get involved with local rescues, organizations, etc.

I'm trying to collect pictures of rescue dogs and/or other pets to show the great life they have found by having people step up and give them a 2nd chance. If anyone is interested in having their pics on the website, pm me. I will give credit for the pics too. If anyone has any suggestions or tips are very welcome too.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2015, 10:56 AM
I can't give tips cos I'm not that good on tetchy stuff but will say it's a brilliant idea
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Agree Mandy. I have no idea how to create a website but I know there are places that will build and monitor one for you... for a nominal fee. Googling may help.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2015, 01:55 PM
I meant to say that I am looking for pics of people who have rescues (of any sort of animal, dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, everything is welcome) for the website. I don't want to have only my guys on it.

I have found a website that lets you build your own, so far so good. So not looking for technical help, just pics and stories if you want to share. I will obviously give credit for the pics.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Ah, we were totally confused. Yes, that makes sense. Three out of four of our animals are from shelters, however as they were adopted as young puppies and kittens, they hardly count. I have no pics to add, but it is a grand idea and I'm sure it'll turn out nicely.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2015, 04:40 PM
I think this is a wonderful idea and I would love to help in anyway I can.
Cookie was from a rescue that has since been forced to close, I have a million pictures of him and always happy to share them. I also have 3 ferrets that I adopted the wonderful Prospect Ferret Rescue in Huddersfield before Christmas. They are still settling and a little unsure after being bounced from home to home but their trust is building and they follow me where ever they can. I also took in an unwanted snake. We looked into finding her a forever home and checked out a few reptile sites, they all had sell/buy/exchange sections rather than rehoming, and one in particular had not just country to regions such as Manchester, West Yorkshire ect and each had a full page of listing from just that day. It was upon seeing this I tried to give her a cuddle and tell her she wasn't going anywhere, she didn't really appreciate the cuddle...
I also took a hamster in someone on [a social network] offered 'free need gone now' pictured in a cage that tiny that she could only stretch out in one direction, with a wheel so small she could hardly walk on it never mind run. I'm happy to share pictures of my set ups for these animals too.

Here's a link to a picture on my flickr account, https://flic.kr/p/gvZHEP hopefully you can see some other pictures on there too. I'll warn you some include when I was trying to decide the gender of my gerbils and posting an update about one of my hamsters after she had a lump near her eye (she had it removed as it was growing). My OH has a 'proper' camera and all the kit, so if you want something specific or less blurry (most of the recent photos are from my Iphone) just ask.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2015, 05:01 AM
Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
I think this is a wonderful idea and I would love to help in anyway I can.
Cookie was from a rescue that has since been forced to close, I have a million pictures of him and always happy to share them. I also have 3 ferrets that I adopted the wonderful Prospect Ferret Rescue in Huddersfield before Christmas. They are still settling and a little unsure after being bounced from home to home but their trust is building and they follow me where ever they can. I also took in an unwanted snake. We looked into finding her a forever home and checked out a few reptile sites, they all had sell/buy/exchange sections rather than rehoming, and one in particular had not just country to regions such as Manchester, West Yorkshire ect and each had a full page of listing from just that day. It was upon seeing this I tried to give her a cuddle and tell her she wasn't going anywhere, she didn't really appreciate the cuddle...
I also took a hamster in someone on 'another site' offered 'free need gone now' pictured in a cage that tiny that she could only stretch out in one direction, with a wheel so small she could hardly walk on it never mind run. I'm happy to share pictures of my set ups for these animals too.

Here's a link to a picture on my flickr account, https://flic.kr/p/gvZHEP hopefully you can see some other pictures on there too. I'll warn you some include when I was trying to decide the gender of my gerbils and posting an update about one of my hamsters after she had a lump near her eye (she had it removed as it was growing). My OH has a 'proper' camera and all the kit, so if you want something specific or less blurry (most of the recent photos are from my Iphone) just ask.
Any photos you would like to share would be awesome! Thing is that I can't pm anymore, rules have changed so not sure how to get in contact with you.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2015, 04:28 PM
I hadn't noticed the lack of PM's, my email is [removed - please use direct message threads] I'm not sure what sort of pictures you want, but I'm happy to take some of them and their set-ups and you can pick what you would like to use. Any on my flickr account can be used for your site too.