View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 02:18 PM

Just a little venting about dog behavior...

So, I never sleep worth anything, as some people here already know. Now I need my sleep more than anything, since I've been dealing with health issues and low blood counts and other GARBAGE. Ever since I got back from the hospital, THIS is the annoying crap Nigredo has been doing.

I just went to try and rest for a while, maybe my stamina will hold and I can shop for a bit today... sat down to read a book, and he immediately laid RIGHT under my criss-cross sit in my leg space. Then he would not leave me alone. He also heard the door close (dad left) and he sprung his head up and growled.

In my leg space totally...

On edge for NO reason...

Kept bothering me... I could not read at all

So gave up and was nice to him (probably not the best idea)

Decided to go to sleep on my knee

Only the start of things. I realized that if I tried to read, he'd only keep bothering me and not let me, so decided to just lie down for a tad, I didn't get any sleep all night anyway. Forced my legs down and he jumped down. As soon as I laid down, UP he came!

Eyes mega red rimmed, have NOT been sleeping... look and FEEL a mess big time

I realize that I am enabling him (have even put a towel since he INSISTS on laying there) but I also realize he is just worried about me and his actions are done in love and not malice.

Trouble is, he is being stubborn about things, I don't have the strength to fight with him, as he is very large and strong now and it's driving me nuts!

I also realize his fur looks a mess, his neck ruff looks like lions mane and his hair is going in every which direction, I haven't had the energy to groom him...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 02:56 PM
Awww he just loves his Mum and wants to be with her
To me his fur looks as lovely and as healthy as ever, looks like you have been polishing him again
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post

I realize that I am enabling him (have even put a towel since he INSISTS on laying there) but I also realize he is just worried about me and his actions are done in love and not malice.

Trouble is, he is being stubborn about things, I don't have the strength to fight with him, as he is very large and strong now and it's driving me nuts!

I also realize his fur looks a mess, his neck ruff looks like lions mane and his hair is going in every which direction, I haven't had the energy to groom him...
The simple solution to this is to not let him on the bed and /or keep him out of your room if you need to sleep.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Awwww beautiful, beautiful pictures!!!! Sounds like Sophie. When Callie goes to sleep it's so deep you want to check his breathing. Sophie is up and down and scratching herself and whining half the night sometimes. Nutty dogs
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
The simple solution to this is to not let him on the bed and /or keep him out of your room if you need to sleep.
I don't like locking him out because the cats tend to pick on him at night and he acts like a *******. He normally gets down on cue, but he's been being stubborn lately and I've had to shove him a few times, takes a lot when he is resisting it.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-12-2014, 07:54 PM
What a gorgeous dog and so big
I have chihuahuas so they can all fit in the bed and arent heavy !
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Dibbythedog View Post
What a gorgeous dog and so big
I have chihuahuas so they can all fit in the bed and arent heavy !
He is now right near 90 lbs (40 KG) so yes he's a big dude. He does not fit in the bed, but we cram and it somehow works (does not).
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2014, 10:17 PM
You'll have to buy a bigger bed!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2014, 10:36 PM
A bigger bed won't fit in my tiny room! The bed is fine, I'll have to buy a smaller dog

And tell me, how will a bigger bed help me if doggy prefers to lay on ME instead!

sandgrubber
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Have you tried bribes? My dogs get off the bed very quickly if I throw a treat on the floor. Maybe a small bag of treats under your pillow would do the trick. When they get back on, it's usually in a position that's less uncomfortable for me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >