Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2014, 05:54 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Tuesday).

Morning everyone. Sun is out but cool for now so I will be having my cuppa and then walking Dillon.
A nice easy day today only downstairs to tidy and some washing to put out then I will potter.

Linda I hope Loki and yourself had a peaceful night.
Myra good luck at the vet today fingers crossed nothing serious. Keep us posted how Nigredo gets on please.
June hope you get the painting finished before the rain predicted for the weekend.
Eileen have a lovely day out with your niece and the girls.
Everyone else who has been feeling poorly wishing you well soon. Also furry poorlies.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 06:00 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

We didn't have any of that rain yesterday, let alone any flash flooding, but Worthing is 2/3rd of the way into work for Dave and he told me it was pretty horrendous as he was driving fast along the motorway overtaking a big lorry, where he had no choice but to be in the fast lane cos of the filter coming in from the left. He said the water must have been a foot deep, lots of hail so it looked like wet snow, his car was sliding about as he tried to get past this lorry cos there were people up his a*se driving like lunatics.

Lynn, some gorgeous pics you posted up of Dillon in his newly made holes. He's absolutely huuuge, but oh so cuddly

It's pretty dull and damp here this morning, so it must have rained a bit overnight, so I'll be going up along the top to avoid the mud in the woods.

Linda, I do hope you had a relatively quiet night with dear Loki.

Myra, good luck at the vets with Nigredo, I hope it's nothing too serious, hopefully just a strain or bruised foot.

Well, better get my skates on and get Zena out now, have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2014, 06:08 AM
Morning Helena. Enjoy your walk with Zena be careful up the top.
That drive sounds scary that Dave had yesterday.

How are things next door ? And the hand ?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 06:23 AM
Morning Lynn and Helena. Hope you two are okay and the doggies are doing well. I've been taking a close look at Nigredo, and I really have no idea what is wrong. I gently moved his leg this morning and even though he won't put any real weight on it, it doesn't appear to be hurting him.

Never did he yell or whimper, even once he came down on it. I'm actually thinking there is something else wrong. Perhaps neurological or something. He's jumping up using his other leg and though his spirits are down because he can't do the things he's used to being able to, he's otherwise okay.

He did not flinch or draw back at all when I moved the leg about and gently pressed etc. You'd think that a dog that cannot put any weight on a leg entirely would act as if something was uncomfortable when the leg was moved around and inspected. It's so strange.

I am prepared for a horrible vet bill, and have contacted the vets about a payment plan. I hope we'll get this sorted out as quickly as possible. Nigredo is less than 2, normally very active, and doesn't understand why he can't move normally.

Jade has been a problem, as well. She is worrying about him and headbutting him constantly when he is lying down and trailing behind him when he gets up to limp. Sweet, sweet girl. He didn't take to the towel under him and refused to budge with it, so I let him be independent.

The next door neighbor is still missing, and the neighbors across the road have begun to collect her mail as the cops found her mailbox was nearly packed full and no more mail could fit. I'm not going to settle on the issue.

I will give a few more days and then I will call police again. Her house is closed up tight with all her burglar bars locked and in place, but her expensive car is left in an easily broken into garage and she never goes anywhere without her precious car.

Something is certainly up, and worthless cops didn't do anything at all but ask me questions I couldn't answer and accuse me of things.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Morning Lynn, H and all,

Just the usual work for me but only till 2pm today and then I am off till Thursday.
Its another dry hot day here again today. 28 its going to be apparently. We havn't had any rain for ages now and so everywhere is very dry and dusty.

My peace was shattered here last night, so unusual to hear anything outside, so I looked out my back window and saw this going past the end of my garden.

It was up and down all evening until well after dark when all you could see was the lights moving. I have got up this morning and I now have a lovely stubble field at the end of the garden so I will have to let my brother-in-law know so he can come for a blast with the horses.

Enjoy your day pottering Lynn. Loved those pics I saw elsewhere of Dillon, he is a stunning boy in his dirt beds

Hope everyone else is ok and Loki has had a peaceful night and you some rest Linda..
Good luck at the vets Myra. I hope its nothing too serious.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Morning

Things are not great with Loki - he is still having fits and has had 17 now. BUT he's not out of it like he was in Ireland when he had 17 and they must end soon surely. We will see how he goes over the morning and get a vet if they don't stop but all they will do is sedate him and he usually ends up in a terrible state when they do that. I can't believe this is all because we dropped one bromide pill but we will be putting him back on it now.

Thanks for all the good wishes for him.

Hugs for Nigredo, I hope the vet can get to the bottom of things.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 06:53 AM
Good morning everyone

Up earlier today as plumber is expected to install new bathroom and new boiler - oh joy dust and mess everywhere

Dull and overcast here but dry will have to get Teazle out shortly in case of rain. I am worried about eldest son's flat in Brighton as he is away at the moment and his is a basement flat. Nothing I can do even if I go over as I have no keys - typical.

Sorry to read about Davie Lore but don't despair. M eldest was never into sport unlike youngest who did everything he could. They went to a school which encouraged competition and on sports day he always got the biggest cheer just for trying and even for coming last! He has now taken up running and cycling and has completed a few half marathons. I know it is heartbreaking to see at the moment but just be there for him as you obviously are.

Sorry about poor Loki and do hope he has no more fits.

Hope all other poorliues are soon on the mend. Have a good day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2014, 07:08 AM
Morning Myra, Bev, Linda and Sue.

Myra best to leave the sheet or towel option as you have done if he doesn't like it, they might twist funny and do more damage something you can do without. I can only think maybe it is a strain or bruise or he has maybe hurt his hip. Hopefully the vet will sort him it may mean anti inflammatories to see if they help and take any possible swelling down. Hope the bill isn't as bad as you are expecting.
That's very strange about your neighbour now you have alerted the police they need to investigate further but sounds like they don't really seem bothered.
Morning Bev that's a big beast.
Linda I am so sorry to hear Loki still isn't right. I hope it stops today for him and you. (((Hugs))) for Loki and yourself.
Sue I hope son's flat will be ok.

Back from our walk already very bot and still the wind turbines across the field from where we walked are very still today. Saw a Heron fly right past my head and the farmer has started spraying the potato fields on the other side of the rive to us. Hopefully it won't set Dillon's allergies off as the vet felt this could be one of the causes.
He has been sneezing a lot today on his walk but not reverse sneezing.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Yes, Lynn. I'm less worried about Nigredo than I am my neighbor TBH. Nigredo is right here and is okay, but she is not. If I had been able to see into her garage (she has the windows spray painted for privacy) and knew her car had been there all along, I'd have called police much sooner.

They were able to peek into the side and confirm her car was there, which is a very bad sign. They said they had neither the authorization nor ability to break into her house and check for her. The cop gave me this absurd statement (after I told him a million times her family never comes around):

"If you see any of her family here, tell them to check up on her. We can't go breaking down her entire house."

If her FAMILY WAS HERE, why in the world would I need to tell them to check up on her??!! That is so stupid. I can't believe they left when the woman could be in serious trouble (or worse) locked inside her house.

I have to do something else, there is something seriously amiss. But the police here are always like this so truly I expected nothing less, but was hoping.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 07:34 AM
Morning Lynn, finger is doing well, although can't make a proper fist yet, it won't seem to bend in both knuckles at the same time, but it'll do, at least I can drive and I can now peel a potato although painful. Next door has gone very quiet and still no dogs, which is what I wanted, and I really hope it's not a temporary thing that the father has got them, I want them to be gone forever. I might e-mail my policemen and see if they have any news for me cos I've heard nothing since my 2nd e-mail to him.

Morning Linda, very sorry to hear you're still going through the nightmare with Loki. All the very best with him.xx

Morning Sue, I think Brighton was hit worse than Worthing, especially Hove, and it was here that Dave had his problems yesterday with the worst weather. Finger's crossed your son's flat hasn't been flooded. If he's up pretty high, he should be fine, it was the seafront area basements that got worst hit in Brighton and Hove.

Morning Bev, chriiiist, noisy night for you there then with that thing rumbling up and down the field. Yes, I remember when we were allowed to go charging through the stubble fields, great fun!

Done my hour in the woods, a bit drizzly, but lovely and cool, even started off with a fleece on, but that soon came off once I started climbing the hills in there. Zena was iin good form, her tail was spinning around like a rotor blade lol! She's a happy girl today, but tired now.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »