Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2014, 05:36 AM

Dogsey Daily Thread Thursday

Good morning all dogsey peeps

Great news about Gorden Lynn, and I have good news too cos dave finally got that written offer for his workshop, so things can go ahead now as planned. We just need to get hold of the landlord of the small workshop he wants to rent down the road, but that's proving difficult, but I'll keep at it.

An exciting day ahead for you too Lynn, just hope it's not too darned hot for you to make the most out of it.

Couldn't sleep much in the heat last night, and I expect today I going to be just as hot if not hotter, but as I was up so early, at least we can get out in the cool and shut ourselves indoors.

Off for a hair colour first thing, then I have a bit of cleaning to do ready for Dave's return tonight. I can't understand how quiet it is here now, and I honestly think that dog has gone to her father's cos not only do I never see the dogs now, but I don't hear them either, which means Zena has nothing to bark at either, so the whole road will benefit from this, not just me and Zena.

Well, better get my skates on and get out with Zena before the whole world gets out there early, so enjoy your day everyone, I'm sure it's going to be yet another stinking hot one.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Morning Helena good news for Dave and you good luck with sorting out that workshop for him.
Good news too about it going quiet next door lets hope the dogs will be staying at the fathers that will make your life and Zena's much easier and safer.

Yes an exciting day for us we are off to see a friend we made on the Brancaster walk she has two bernese and a spaniel. She visited here a few weeks ago but without her dogs she was nearby dog sitting and rung and popped in for cuppa.
We will be meeting on the field near her house for a short stroll as it is going to be hot then back to hers for a cheese roll for lunch. I have packed all the dogs some biscuits as Dillon is so hungry all the time on these damned steroids.
I am sure there will be cool places for the dogs to rest.
Just hoping the sat nav takes me straight there on the straightest possible route as its a 50 minute journey I do have air con in the car Dillon has a small fan in the back and of course we will have the windows open and its all a or b roads so shouldn't be any traffic jams. (Hopefully).

Eileen good luck at the dentist today.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Morning all

Helena - really good news about Dave and the offer for his workshop, so everything crossed here that everything works out for him now!

Lynn - I hope that you, and Dillon, have a great time when you meet up with the friend you met on the Brancaster walk. Sat-navs did not exist in my days so we relied on maps, but I am sure you will find where you are going to.

- Another far too early get up for me, so again I watched the school buses, coaches and minibuses turn up to take various children and their mothers off for the day. As all summer camps are, of necessity, closed, our Local Authority have been absolutely wonderful in arranging days out for the children.

Someone just brought in my monthly chronic meds with the message that our GP is overseas and will not be back until - well, until - so the clinic is closed for the duration and anyone needing a doctor has to try to get an appointment at the main Health Fund clinic in town... assuming that they can get there. I really had wanted to see someone about my eye as I cannot open it fully due to the scarring, and the scar is actually rather painful, but it is not life-threatening, is it.

I hope everyone is well and has a good day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2014, 07:16 AM
Morning everyone,

Helena, that is good news re Dave's workshop, just hope you can secure Dave that new workshop.

Lynn, can understand the bitter sweet situation but congratulations to Gorden for the permanency of his job, that is one relief and it does leave you in a better position to look around for somewhere that suits you better.

Malka, that does make life difficult for you with no Dr on hand. That scarring of your eye is certainly giving you problems. I hope you can get it sorted sooner or later.

Have a great day everyone, I shall be hibernating as usual while this heat goes on. God bless.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2014, 07:42 AM
Morning all
No work for me today or tomorrow so Ive put a wash on, drinking a cuppa then while it's cool take Rosie on field.
I'm meeting a friend at 10.30 in town for a couple of hrs and that's it for the day. Lauryn may come with me or meet her best mate, will see

Will pop in later, bye for now x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Morning all.
Helena, good news for Dave and for Zena. Life should get on track now hopefully
Lynn things happen for a reason and I'm sure all will turn out right in the end. Enjoy your day with your friend. I bet Dillon will love it
Malka your eye might not be life threatening but irritating all the same. Shame you didn't get to see the doc.
Good morning Moyra, hope you manage to stay cool.
Hello Mandy enjoy your day off
Still very hot here too and a thunder storm has just finished. Pepsi is a bit "wandery" ?weather or what the cause is. She has gone happily on her walk so I hope she will be alright.
I'm waiting for my hairdresser. Her last day today. She dropped the bombshell last week that she is retiring So I will be like Helena trying out all the different stylists and entertaining you with all the associated traumas
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Morning Malka, Moyra and Mandy.

Sorry the eye is still not right Malka.
Hibernating seems a good idea Moyra.
Enjoy you break and meeting up with your friend Mandy.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-07-2014, 08:03 AM
Morning Nippy Jen such a shame when you find a good hairdresser and you move or they leave or retire. Enjoy the last cut and fingers crossed you don't have Helena's trauma's in the future.
I hope Pepsi settles I swear this heat is frying their brains.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2014, 08:19 AM
Morning all
well congrats to Gordon Lynn, enjoy the house hunting
Congrats to dave Helena and good news about the dog, did they serve her with an asbo?
Malka, not good about the Dr
Mandy, enjoy your time off
Nippy, hope you manage to find a good hairdresser
Nothing planned for me today so i just get to stay home with the pup and cat again.... just what i like.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Forgot to say....TANGO's COMING HOME this afternoon
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »