Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2014, 07:41 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Monday).

Morning everyone late on parade today. Sorted Gorden out for his trip back for the week. He will be home Thursday night this week and working from home Friday. I am over to Essex to see a friend for lunch on Friday and will make it a long day and pop in and see mum too.
Housework today but a quiet day worn out from the weekend and all the work we have done.

I hope everyone is well today and our four legged friends too.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning everyone late on parade today. Sorted Gorden out for his trip back for the week. He will be home Thursday night this week and working from home Friday. I am over to Essex to see a friend for lunch on Friday and will make it a long day and pop in and see mum too.
Housework today but a quiet day worn out from the weekend and all the work we have done.

I hope everyone is well today and our four legged friends too.
Ah THERE you are... was wondering if the world had ended a up here I would have no clue...

Quiet here and am abed. Tomorrow I have the next court hearing. Appalling the way some folk treat others. Especially clever solicitors who try to browbeat and bully. And to destroy innocent folk. NB I am there as friend and adviser and also witness.

Too tired but has to be done.

After that, another in two weeks, both on market days which means losing money for our work.

Meanwhile as my habit is, am dreaming up the prettiest knitteds you could ever see... Tiny fine lace bonnets generously adorned with satin picot ribbon.. the grannies adore them! Soft eyed they go..awwwww!

And cute zany hats...kids love them.

So combatting the darkness and misery with beauty and joy. Nauseated though

Grey wet weather... but had a few peas from the garden yesterday and a little purple sprouting broccoli.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Good morning fellow members what a beautiful morning it is too with clear blue sky and gentle breeze so not too hot.

I am hoping to seek out some fruit for the freezer today. I picked 5 pounds off each of my two bushes which did really well this year but it is becoming increasingly difficult to buy gooseberries and blackcurrants these days though the latter is grown in vast quantities around here to supply Ribena . I guess a lot of young people don't use them very much but I think they are unsurpassed for flavour.

Enjoy your day everyone
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Happy Monday everyone.
Lynn make the most of a quiet week
Rosebud, I would love to some pictures of your handiwork it all sounds lovely.
I have stripped the bed and put the washing on and now there is the blackest cloud ever hanging over us and the Met site says heavy rain before lunchtime
The car has gone in for some work, there is a leak in the coolant system, so we are tied to the house today.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2014, 08:19 AM
Hi Meg, you crept in when I typing!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Morning Rose no the world hasn't ended just busy on Mondays getting Gorden on his way some Mondays I am up earlier but today was up a bit later . Good luck with all the court stuff going on.Not helpful when you end losing money.
Morning Meg I hope you manage to find the fruit you want.
We have lots of different fruits here in the little shops along the roads and all grown locally.
That was a good harvest from your own bushes.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Good morning fellow members what a beautiful morning it is too with clear blue sky and gentle breeze so not too hot.

I am hoping to seek out some fruit for the freezer today. I picked 5 pounds off each of my two bushes which did really well this year but it is becoming increasingly difficult to buy gooseberries and blackcurrants these days though the latter is grown in vast quantities around here to supply Ribena . I guess a lot of young people don't use them very much but I think they are unsurpassed for flavour.

Enjoy your day everyone
Are there any pick your own farms in the area? Great fun! And yes, so much of the soft fruit comes in from eg Holland and is tasteless; water cultivars in greenhouses.

Looking ahead, the hedges are white with bramble blossom. Never seen so much. I still have some of last years in the freezer and it makes a lovely drink.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Rose no the world hasn't ended just busy on Mondays getting Gorden on his way some Mondays I am up earlier but today was up a bit later . Good luck with all the court stuff going on.Not helpful when you end losing money.
Morning Meg I hope you manage to find the fruit you want.
We have lots of different fruits here in the little shops along the roads and all grown locally.
That was a good harvest from your own bushes.
I know but nothing I can do except pray for recompense. I have asked re the second hearing if it can be changed but even the solicitors on this side are it seems not happy with me as they think I am interfering! Last time they told me not to attend and I was stupid enough to obey but they cannot bar me from the public gallery.

My fruit bushes gave me one small handful this year but they are newly transplanted.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Happy Monday everyone.
Lynn make the most of a quiet week
Rosebud, I would love to some pictures of your handiwork it all sounds lovely.
I have stripped the bed and put the washing on and now there is the blackest cloud ever hanging over us and the Met site says heavy rain before lunchtime
The car has gone in for some work, there is a leak in the coolant system, so we are tied to the house today.
Love the picture the last sentence gives...

Was thinking re photos to end to family so later...
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Are there any pick your own farms in the area? Great fun! And yes, so much of the soft fruit comes in from eg Holland and is tasteless; water cultivars in greenhouses.

Looking ahead, the hedges are white with bramble blossom. Never seen so much. I still have some of last years in the freezer and it makes a lovely drink.
.....yes lots Rose I am surrounded by PYO but they no longer have blackcurrants and gooseberries . Everyone wants strawberries and raspberries, I guess they are easier to pick.
The first of the plumbs 'Early Rivers' will be ready soon and the 'Purple Pershore' . My grandchildren eat lots of fruit so I like to keep the freezer stocked
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »