Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tedsui
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2014, 04:18 PM

Bitch in season

I've got 2 questions to ask the forum on behalf of my stepson. His 16 month old bitch has come into season and she is very quiet and has been sick a couple of times, is this normal please? Also, when is the best time to get her spayed? He has only had her as a rescue for a couple of months. Thank you
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I have 3 entire Bitches aged 2 to 7 and none of them even acknowledge they are in season they just carry on as normal, most will say that's not normal. Some become quite grumpy, some become clingy some become quiet. I'd see how she is tomorrow regarding the sickness, is it bile or her lunch she's bringing up?
As for spaying I'd say halfway between seasons when she's mature, depending on breed.
tedsui
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Thank you Trouble, that was what I thought about 3 months time. She is GSD/Malamute and last time she was here she played with my dog and had a whale of a time, yesterday she was so quiet, and didn't want to play so I shut my own dog in and left her in peace as we were both so worried about her. Although I have owned dogs since the 60's, mostly they've been males or they've already been spayed. Thank you