Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bordercolliemad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2014, 09:30 PM

Another one of my dogs is poorly with a possible tumour

I had to take another one of my border collies to the vet this week.

Skye my 10 yrs 7 month old red & white border collie was showing signs of illness sunday evening. On waking monday morning i found her to be pretty lifeless so i rushed her to the vets bank holiday monday,

She had a massive swelling to her throat area and had an obvious temperature. She was also dehydrated and the vet found a heart murmur. Possibly caused temporarily by the dehydration. She was given some injections to make her feel better then i took her home where she showed signs of feeling a little better by the late afternoon. She was to poorly to get up for a drink so i kept taking water to her.

The soft part of the swelling has now gone but she has a rather horrible hard lump in throat. She is still swollen in the area and in her face but she is much brighter.

I took her back to the vets tonight and she thinks it could be a possible tumour so i'm taking her back to see the senior vet (he is brilliant!!) tomorrow night to discuss the options.

She's been off for a while and i have a horrible feeling its bad. I knew Blue was poorly and that turned out to be an enlarged heart.

Feeling really down as i am worried sick
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Sorry to hear Skye has been so poorlie Fingers crossed it won't be as serious as you think.Hard not to worry,hopefully after your visit tomorrow night,you'll know more.Sounds like you have great faith in your vet.Really hope he can help Skye(( hugs)) to you both.Let us know how he gets on,yeah?
lorniec
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Good luck tomorrow, it's horrible to see your furry friends poorly x
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Wow. Ouch. Geesh. I read your thread about Blue and now this.

I am so glad you have a good vet you can trust-- there's nothing else for this situation but professional care. You were right on it from the get go so hopefully there will be some good results. You couldn't have done better than to get her seen right away. I wish you all the best!

Edit: it is OK to feel down. Your dogs are sick and that is rubbish, no matter how awesome your vets may be. We are here for you, and so are lots of others.

And if anyone ever tells you 'it's just a dog' you can give them a complimentary Strangechilde smack in the face.

Keep strong!
Bordercolliemad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Thankyou for all of your kind comments.

Skye is ok and the swelling has gone down. The vet treated it as a foreign body at it seems to of done the trick

I'm really happy both of my dogs are doing well xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Great news Julie must be such a relief Well done to the Doglets xx
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2014, 09:21 PM
So glad to hear that both Skye and Blue are doing ok - its such a worry when anything is wrong with them.

Hugs from Roxy and me xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Just sending you a load of (((hugs))) Julie, because I think you need them!

lorniec
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2014, 10:19 PM
You must be so relieved!
Bordercolliemad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Thankyou everyone.

I am really relieved Its been a tough couple of weeks but they are both doing so well.

Blue is trying some different heart tablets so fingers crossed they will suit him. Skye's lump still might flare up if so with will have to have a look inside and drain it. But so far so good xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >