Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louiefran
New Member!
Female 

23-04-2014, 10:48 AM

Mini dacshund issues with mounting.

Hi I have 2 bitches & the last couple of weeks 1 is mounting the other all the time & licking her ears, I've got her in my arms now & the 1 that's mounting is crying & barking to get at her, can u tell me why pls
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 10:52 AM
How old are they and are they neutered ?
Louiefran
New Member!
Female 

23-04-2014, 11:42 AM
One is 2 that's the 1 that's mounting the 3 yr old no they haven't as I'm hoping they can hv a litter each
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Well two unneutered females will not get on very well when they come into season I believe and they may fight and dominate each other. Hopefully someone with entire females will be along to help as we have ours neutered to avoid this sort of behaviour.

Are your dogs really excellent pedigrees ? you might want to have a look at a thread I started a while ago in the breeding section when I was thinking of breeding one litter, it really isn't a good idea was the consensus and looking back everyone was very right about that.
Louiefran
New Member!
Female 

23-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Mine r not in season & they kc reg, pedigree, I can't understand why only the last couple of weeks she doin it
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Louiefran View Post
Mine r not in season & they kc reg, pedigree, I can't understand why only the last couple of weeks she doin it
The only dog in this house that mounts others is my spayed female. Dogs do it because it is pleasurable to them. Nothing to do with dominance etc

Be warned re breeding Mini Dachshunds, they can have very difficult preganancies & birth sadly & you need someone very experienced to be able to advise you if you opt to breed from them
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2014, 06:05 PM
I own Mini's and a standard, but have never bred. I am aware that they have difficult births and in the inexperienced breeder there is a high rate of pups not making it in the early days, as you need to be there 24/7 to ensure that all are latching and feeding, something that you may have to do hourly.

If you are going to breed then your bitches and the stud should both be PRA clear and no incidences of IVDD in either bitch or dogs history.

As with all dogs temperament is also important.
Louiefran
New Member!
Female 

23-04-2014, 06:11 PM
The question asked was why nr my 2 bitches mounting each other all the time & they r not in season, why have the breeding come into the answers
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 06:19 PM
One is 2 that's the 1 that's mounting the 3 yr old no they haven't as I'm hoping they can hv a litter each
Your question was answered quite well by Joedee. I agree with Joedee - my spayed bitch does this to stuffed toys now and then (used to do it a lot more when she was younger)

The comment from you that I've bolded is the reason why the MATING has come into the responses!

Lots of responsible dog owners and breeders here on Dogsey. They are alerting you to possible dangers and pitfalls for your dogs as well as any pups.

They, like me, are I suppose assuming you are not a very experienced owner and breeder to be asking a question on here about something that isn't all that unusual in dogs.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-04-2014, 06:21 PM
The question asked was why nr my 2 bitches mounting each other all the time & they r not in season, why have the breeding come into the answers
Because you were asked in message #2 if they were neutered and your your response [message #3] was:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >