Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-04-2014, 06:04 AM

Grey

So, we ran into a problem today. Seren wanted a word, as she usually does, to describe the morning. We've had Mibble and oggy, and today needed to be called Grey, because that is what it was. Grey. no sun punctured the uniform monochrome. No sparkling palettes of pastel shades tinted the heavens. Grey.

We discussed this as we headed out. There was a hint of a chill in the air, a sharpness that plucked at my skin like a frustrated kitten. Over in the west there was just a hint, a promise easily made and just as easily broken, of blue and sun. But here we were in the grassy bit, and it was grey.

Seren, briefly excited as a man came from the German Build houses talking, was shot down when I pointed out that he was on the phone. Briefly down, she was back up and bouncing when we met our friend with the Jack Russell. A greeting, a cheery wag of two tails, and we parted. He for his home, me for more of the day, Which was still grey.

We stopped on the way back to chat briefly with Kevin, who is even more of an early bird that either of us, and headed for home. Beckoning thoughts of coffee drew me towards the flat, interrupted by Seren's discovery of Things that May Be Edible (everything, including her shadow and the floor) and Things That Are Not Edible (dunno, not found anything yet). She briefly put my heart in my mouth by jumping on the Wall That Is High One Side and nearly falling off...this is one reason she's in a harness, not a collar...and so home to another grey day.

Oh! Sorry...why is a grey day a problem for Seren? Well, she's a puppydog and English is her second language. Her first is Wolf (so she tells me...) so when she goes for grey she gets to Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...and then barks, scares herself, falls off the chair and has to go hide in her crate... so we're working on Monochrome, but it has too many vowels...
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 06:37 PM
You paint a lovely story with your words gaz. I hope seren soon gets a grip of her vowels so she can stop scaring herself.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2014, 08:10 PM
She needs disemvowelling if you ask me. Well either that or Gaz does!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2014, 09:12 AM
Aw Seren, don't worry, your bark will soon become familiar to you and you will use it to great effect

As for the Highlands...today is mibble here.