Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 05:21 PM

Pos Fuel Crisis

well protesters have given the goverment 3 days to review fuel tax's......

could it be another Sep 2000 ?
your views please on the £1 a litre we are now paying
PS i work for BP and get no discount

I SAY BRING IT ON
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 05:29 PM
ops wrong place...........
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Everybody definitly needs to protest...It's disgusting how much we pay for petrol in this country.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Considering atleast 75p in every £1 spent at the pumps goes to the treasury-protesters have good reason to demostrate.Its pure greed and nothing else which makes the goverment have such a high tax rate on fuel.They know we have to buy it and can effectivly do as they please.

I have to rely on my car for work (too isolated & no buses) so have no choice but to pay the extoriate price for diesel.

As you say-bring it on!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Supporting more law breakers ?

If it was a union causing the blockage no doubt the fuel companies(who are making huge profits selling fuel bought at much lower prices months ago)would soon be in court getting the blockade shifted & fuel out & most people on here would be slagging off the union too

Smacks of double standards to me

BTW

Overseas prices – the UK again has the 5th highest Unleaded price in Europe. The Netherlands is now selling Unleaded at an average price of just over £1 a litre.
This was in early August
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 05:57 PM
and don't the gas stations only make approx 2p a litre profit themselves?? and that is why they have had to increase their prices.

Soon it will only be the rich being able to drive
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2005, 06:02 PM
I agree that the price is too high.

The only way you can get anything reduced would be if the wagon drivers had a strike, that would cripple the country but make Tony Blair wake up!

Ian
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Unfortunately it is not only the price of petrol/diesel that's going to be affected by the high price of crude oil.

You've already seen rises in gas and electricity and I'm sure there will be more on the way. The increase in diesel and petrol will impact on all the transport systems, adding costs to everything transported by road, rail and air.

Add to that our dependency on plastics and you'll soon see how prices for most things is likely to go up

In the medium to long term, UK dependence on gas for producing electricity can only be bad - we are no longer self-sufficient in gas and now have to import a proportion. Alternative energy sources such as wind power cannot produce enough to meet our needs, so we have to learn to use less and it looks likely that we'll have to build more nuclear power stations.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by royv
Unfortunately it is not only the price of petrol/diesel that's going to be affected by the high price of crude oil.

You've already seen rises in gas and electricity and I'm sure there will be more on the way. The increase in diesel and petrol will impact on all the transport systems, adding costs to everything transported by road, rail and air.

Add to that our dependency on plastics and you'll soon see how prices for most things is likely to go up

In the medium to long term, UK dependence on gas for producing electricity can only be bad - we are no longer self-sufficient in gas and now have to import a proportion. Alternative energy sources such as wind power cannot produce enough to meet our needs, so we have to learn to use less and it looks likely that we'll have to build more nuclear power stations.
That is very scarey!!! I think wind or wave power is preferable!
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Considering atleast 75p in every £1 spent at the pumps goes to the treasury-protesters have good reason to demostrate.Its pure greed and nothing else which makes the goverment have such a high tax rate on fuel.They know we have to buy it and can effectivly do as they please.

I have to rely on my car for work (too isolated & no buses) so have no choice but to pay the extoriate price for diesel.

As you say-bring it on!
But who will suffer if the tax is lowered? We will! Fewer services will be available when we need them, more botch-ups like the ones in the DVLA will occur, and more people will be unable to get good quality heath care, education and other public services.

There are a few "fat cats" at Whitehall ,but on the whole, salaries are not high when compared with the private sector. Yes ,there is wastage, but I would prefer to see money found through wastage savings spent on the services they were designed to pay for
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »